Who daily drives their Ferrari, or splits the duties? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Who daily drives their Ferrari, or splits the duties?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 1stFerrari@71, Oct 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Yes yes yes, everyone should have, if possible, one Ferrari that you intend to drive 100,000 miles in. For me it’s the 575, coming up on 57,000 miles so far. In fact just put the snow tires in this week. This pic was taken yesterday ...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. HtownFcar

HtownFcar Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Houston,TX
    Full Name:
    CCO
    Ross,
    I still grind my teeth when I touch the front lip,no matter what car it is but like the way you’re thinking.
    I see the Fcar not as retirement plan,rather an enjoyable,potentially appreciating() asset.
    it’s really about the fun along the way.

3. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    Hi, RonH, hi papou. Thanks for the kind words.
    A Ferrari owner should never be afraid of driving his or her car.
    I have no problem recommending a vintage Ferrari.
    They're quite easy to maintain and a joy to drive.
    Also, when properly set up, they are very reliable.
    I drive mine 5 to 8 thousand miles per year and I rarely spend more that $150.00 per year on maintenance.
    I see many older cars with very little mileage (less than 25,000) and yet they have had major work and some times total restoration.
    Find yourself a well-maintained car like a 250 outside plug, 275, 330 or 365.
    Drive it often and vigorously, change the oil regularly, clean, adjust or replace the plugs and points when needed.
    I've put close to 39,000 miles on my GTC since I overhauled the engine and all I've done is adjust the chain tension, change the plugs and oil and filters.

Bob Z.

4. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    "Yes yes yes, everyone should have, if possible, one Ferrari that you intend to drive 100,000 miles in."
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Way2fast, Pawilly, ross and 2 others like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I daily drive the FF during covid. It does everything well but I prefer the New g wagon now ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Great to see! Can we hear more about the car and how it’s running?

7. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    fully agree on this.
    the older cars are just cars - not computers on wheels.

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Are you sure? They drive like a Mack truck and have looks only it's mother could love! :D

Way2fast likes this.
  9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Used to comute by train, now work from home mostly so cars were always for errands, fun and road trips..
    In summer, well spring and fall when its not too hot the BBI is used 2-3x per week for my errands and farm shopping runs, basicaly friday through sunday weekend use. Anything in the 5-20 mile range each way and as long as not raining or too hot Ill take the BBI. Compared to the elise its less intense, more cofmortable while being really engaging. When in use I tend not to really clean the car, so by june or so its on the disty and bug splatter side of clean. For july -sept humdity months I do a big clean and run it for 5 or so miles every 3 -4 weeks to keep it well oiled. late sept through oct/nov when the snows start to come its back to that 3x weekly use.

For bigger distances or weather the new Gulia which is sorta like a ferrari works great is entertaining and painless. I do probabably 3-500 miles per week between houses work etc, but I switch that one up with the tundra and honda based no mood etc.

Basicaly horses for courses. Plus I get pretty bored in the same car looking at the same dash etc every day.
    Best to switch em up.
    The fun car that gets used the least is the M3. Maybe 1200miles per year.

In general Gulia does the most mileage followed by the Tundra.
    8 cars try use each as apropirate..
    Track car uses 4-5 stes of slicks per summer and maybe $300 in rcae gas per day. So the BBi is relatvely speaking a simple inexpensive car to run.