MyRicambi - CF 488 Parts | FerrariChat

MyRicambi - CF 488 Parts

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 997usa, Oct 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    After doing much research, i pulled the trigger to order some CF parts from MyRicambi (458parts.com) for my soon to be delivered, 488 GTB.

Yesterday i received the parts (CF Engine bay covers, Rear light satellite covers and the side air intakes) and i must say, i am impressed with the look and finish.

I do not have the car yet so can't make any credible statements on the fit and the longevity of the clear coat finish, but it looks amazing. 1x1 CF OEM weave and seemingly well constructed.

I will provide pics later today and an install update once i have the car.

Shout out to Denis for assisting in the process.

CrapsLuckyDice likes this.
  2. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    I'm curious, given that you ordered a bespoke 488, did you choose to not order factory CF on your car in favor of buying from Ricambi strictly because of price, or did you decide you wanted CF after it was too late to alter your factory order?

3. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    It was too late; i had made several changes already and quickly went from 10W to 10R which meant no more changes.

4. rs4

rs4 Karting

Feb 6, 2010
    Hong Kong
    i have ordered some cf parts from MyRicambi for my 458S b4, its quality and fitment is not satisfactory imo...
    Better go for the oem parts by any means!

5. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    Interested in price and quality as well as fit and finish. Please show us some pics.

6. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Attached my pics. As said, I haven't installed it yet but looking at the fit and finish, it's seems like an excellent product. I have no affiliation with the company but merely sharing my experiences so far.

My car gets here by end of October. I anticipate these will be the first items to be installed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  7. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
  8. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    They look really good, impressed that some came with the factory stickers on.

Are you going to fit them yourself or get the garage to do it?

9. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    I will aim to fit myself. Shouldn't be difficult

10. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert

Heck it's probably the actual supplier to Ferrari for this part just selling on the backside for 5 times more than Ferrari pays and yet 5 times cheaper than list.

11. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Robert, if you don't mind sharing, what does Ricambi charge for the engine bay CF?

12. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert

I have no idea. Mine is factory in my car. I'm curious now too maybe I'll hit the google.

13. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert

Looks like $3700 to match the factory parts. Another $2200 if you want the air box too.

14. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir

Thanks! I was actually asking the OP. Didn't mean for you to do the Google work but appreciate it. That's about $4,000 less than the factory price on my configuration.

997usa, could you please post a pic after installation?

15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    As far as OEM supplier, I was under the impression that Ferrari makes most of their carbon fiber trim.

One notable exception are the doors for the LaFerrari. Those panels are large complex shapes and were outsourced.

16. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.

All prices are on their site. My total was just shy of 7k for trim that, when OEM, would probably been close to 20k and for which there is hardly no resale value upon trade-in.

All my OEM CF is on the interior. Having said that, I don't compromise on quality so if the quality is not on par, I will mention this too. Nothing is worse than spending 300k plus on a car and skimp on a couple grand for inferior quality.

Actualizer likes this.
  17. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I think if you use their carbon fiber in places like the engine bay all matching together rather than mixing Ferrari Factory trim and after market, it will look great.

No criticism for saving a bundle of cash either!

18. ohared

ohared Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2009
    Any FChat discount codes for MyRicambi.
    What is our your experiences with other players in aftermarket Carbon Fiber.

Their Fedex shipping charges to UK are horrendous.

19. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I priced the carbon fiber engine bay for my F8 and the price difference between eurospares and Myricambi is about $2500. The Eurospares parts are OEM Ferrari.

20. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Ohared, they gave me an FCA discount code when I asked. I won't share it here to be polite, but it's worth an email to Denis.

21. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    After doing research on several vendors and OEM Ferrari pieces, I just ordered the CF engine bay for my F8 from MyRicambi. With the FCA discount, and the fact they include the OEM stickers it made the most sense. Should have the parts in about a week I would guess. The only other thing I would have wanted is the factory seals to be in place on the engine shields, apparently you have to transfer them over from the OEM plastic shields.

22. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    I have the CF engine bay from MyRicambi for my 458. Looks fantastic. You won't be disappointed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

CrapsLuckyDice and tickerhound like this.
  23. BAMJR

BAMJR Rookie

Dec 31, 2015
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Denis is a great guy!! Been buying carbon parts from them for years for my 458 and now my 488. Carbon is great quality and they will stand by they product. You wont be disappointed.

Ian Rattray and tickerhound like this.
  24. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks to Denis & Ian working with me thru some issues with FedEx, got the parts today and took my time doing the install:

Attached Files:

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  25. CrapsLuckyDice

CrapsLuckyDice Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Excellent thread. Exactly what I was looking for regarding MyRicambi quality.