"A new Star is born" | Page 3 | FerrariChat

"A new Star is born"

Discussion in 'F1' started by SimCity3, Dec 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah i get all that, leave the personality out of it, i don't care who you like. Question is, Russell's talent and legacy will have no meaning for winning in the Merc right? Because the Merc is seconds ahead, drives itself, uses jet fuel, directed by the FIA and made by aliens right?

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

If it applies to LH it applies to any winner in that chassis. Right Max?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ktu likes this.
  3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    What would you like? Hamilton is really fabulous, he is the greatest driver in history, he managed to beat the biggest records of this sport, he will remain forever like the greatest driver that this planet has known, even the galaxy .
    He managed to get pregnant women only by looking at them, please tell me?

sammysaber and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  4. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    No, Russell will further cement that Lewis's WDC titles, while historic and in the history books, isn't all that special IF he wins in the Merc. It will also prove, with Russell's progressive skills, what most of us knew already.

I hope Russell gets the seat. There are others whom would win WDC titles in the Merc.

stavura, Giallo 550 and sammysaber like this.
  5. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    This is a true fact.

ktu likes this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    LoL:p

ktu likes this.
  7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    LOL

8. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    On another note how did you manage to type out all of these nice things to Hamilton? Did you have to close your eyes? Make sure to disinfect the keyboard. Did you get someone to post it for you? Were you crying during this post?

I feel like I'm going to be using this post in many LH GOAT conversations.

9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Interesting

10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

It seems to me that you have not understood that I deliberately caricatured this discussion to answer the metaphysical question of our friend ktu.

If you think I need to sanitize my keyboard, I’m having a bit of a hard time reading a screen showing false indignation.

At least it brings you closer to Lewis in his vision of improving human nature.

11. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I fully get the joke...I am wondering how you managed to write such nice things about a person you dislike so much.

I can picture you typing with your eyes closed or shaking...

12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Again, I don’t hate him, I even admire him as a pilot.
    His media behaviour suggests a false man with no sincerity.
    In short, a false personality.
    I am too old today to validate the novel that some of the British media want to sell.
    He is not legitimate to be the GOAT because he has benefited from the most favourable circumstances in the history of this sport.
    That’s only my opinion, of course.
    And it’s as good as yours.

Giallo 550 likes this.
  13. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It would be fascinating to see Hamilton and Russell as teammates. Russell completely embarrassed Bottas and I can see him giving Hamilton a good run for his money, just like Leclerc and Verstappen could.

LVP488 and jpalmito like this.
  14. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    So the excitement is over, Lewis tested negative in Bahrain.

15. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Shame.... :(

16. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I don't think a star is born, rather the car is making everyone a star.

17. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Mercedes are using the benefits of a 1 year contract, they have a steady #2 who bags the points for the WCC and puts distance between the #1 driver and the rest of the field. Having only a 1 year contract, Bottas doesn't get too crazy to aim for the WDC himself.

Mercedes are dominating the sport, but it is not their job to carry the sport by themselves. Now, why would they need to change a formula that gave them 7 double championships in a row? Hint: viewer entertainment has a 0% share in that decision.

18. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

19. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Sure.
    But this conflicts with the FIA and Liberty delivering a sport to its audience.
    Hence why the FIA stepped in and changed tyre regs during Schumacher's dominance.

Bas and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  20. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Except Bottas

21. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    He will get the drive once Hamilton retires after next season. Hasn't he been talking about a future after F1 for quite a while now? He knows he has a shot at title no. 8 so he will go for that but once that's done...He's an old man, in the world of F1.
    As for the idea of him going to Ferrari... I mean, sure, he could, but only to have done it. It's not that he can't win in a car that isn't dominant, it's that nobody can win in a car that's inferior run by a team that at times makes Mercedes' Sakhir performance seem brilliant.

LVP488 likes this.
  22. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Sure, but I think Liberty is walking other paths as well. They push the Netflix series as part of the promotion for the lesser gods & mid-field fights. Increase exposure/excitement for the 15 other guys who never come close to a WDC. Stopping Schumacher's dominance was not the only reason for tyre regulation changes. Contrary to the beliefs of people who don't want Mercedes/LH to win, there have been quite a few entertaining races this season, so I'm guessing they're all right with it.

23. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Yes there have been some entertaining races in 2020, but no interesting races for the actual Championship, which is what most audiences want in any sport.

Bas likes this.
  24. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Yeah. Dude can't even seem to handle a random kid..

25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly. You have to wonder why a sport which was hellbent on taking away the advantage the dominating teams had in the past, suddenly switched to enabling only the dominating team to continue dominating. What is their end game? Do they think it's good for the sport that the most popular driver (strictly by social media presence) should keep winning?

sammysaber and Thecadster like this.