The Official Ferrari 812 GTS pictures thread | Page 43 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 GTS pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Wheels1, Dec 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I posted a GTC4 lusso in the same very rare color yesterday in the dedicated thread... what a coincidence

That's a color for Heather Locklear cruising down Beverly Hills.

ScottS and of2worlds like this.
  2. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Thank you. This color is the the TDF 70th anniversary which apparently is TDF now. So that is the lighter or brighter TDF.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. GWNFINN

GWNFINN Karting

Feb 6, 2020
    Got some good news then, there is another GTS in Oro Chiaro coming to the US in late 2022, which should have rosso (Scuro) interior. talked to the future owner and saw some renders.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Interesting you mention that, my F12 is TDF and it looks very dark to me - some people ask if it's Pozzi. My friend's 458 in TDF looks more indigo to my eye.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Cgk360, Solid State, Maggio23 and 4 others like this.
  5. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Looks good. Yeah I was told Ferrari changed the color after 70th anniversary. Ive had some TDF cars before and they were darker more Pozzi like yours.

Spider68, of2worlds and ryalex like this.
  6. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Need to change my order asap! Thank you!!!

of2worlds and junc like this.
  7. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Blu america is incredible. I had a very hard time deciding between that and Grigio

8. pt95

pt95 Rookie

Sep 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    D
  9. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    of2worlds, I can confirm that there are NOT two shades/paint codes of TDF. My source is VERY reliable and I believe the beauty of the paint and the lighting can create a visual mirage that makes TDF brighter or darker. Cheers!

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think they do change the color over the years. For example, my friend had a 355 in Blu TDF and I had a F430 in Blu TDF and the colors looked different- my TDF had a little more purple in it.

11. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    I don't disagree with you on that point at all. My comment was based on a 70th Anniversary TDF Blue, or a lighter TDF which is not the case. I believe as the factory has changed over the years there would naturally be changes in colors as a by product. I only immersed myself into this issue since I ordered a 812GTS in TDF and wanted to ensure I had all of the data available and if there were a new brighter TDF Blue I would have considered it as an option. Cheers

12. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Yes to clear up any confusion with my earlier reply there is no second TDF option. TDF however changed to a brighter color after the 70th anniversary. Take a look at my configuration page and the name of the color.

Attached Files:

of2worlds likes this.
  13. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Thank you for the data and I'll be speaking with my dealership tomorrow to avoid any confusion. Cheers!

junc and of2worlds like this.
  14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The contrasting roof color is always tricky as some cars wear that design better than others. Seems to work better on the GTS than on the 812 SF. >

Image credit: 812GTS on Instagram.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, ScottS, ScrappyB and 3 others like this.
  15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Not my cup of tea but agreed on that point, because of the buttresses ressembling the 599 GTB

ScottS, tomc and of2worlds like this.
  16. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I seem to remember one member requesting a photoshopped version of a black roof on the GTS early after release.
    Ultimately, when it came time to spec the car, they were told it was not an option.
    I wonder if that was not accurate or if it was only available under TM, or maybe this is a wrap?

17. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Even at TM, if I remember well, they were clear that black roof can be done but without the bumps and roof cover. This was a decision from the design department. This was discussed at length when the car was unveiled but couldn't retrieve the related post. Maybe someone can confirm?

18. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I received a lovely letter from my dealer today, thanking me for buying a GTS this year. Also included was a Ferrari branded coffee mug. I had to laugh. I mean, it's a nice mug and I plan to use it. But if you spend £350k on a car maybe a mug isn't the best gift!

maxemus, Avia11 and JagShergill like this.
  19. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    A nice bottle of Dom Perignon would be more appropriate. Send back the mug with a nice note thanking him for thinking of you as worthy of a Ferrari Mug!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

maxemus likes this.
  20. GWNFINN

GWNFINN Karting

Feb 6, 2020
    All the black parts on this car are wrapped :)

C50 likes this.
  21. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    So, where was the dislike button, finally??

22. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    i paid for my Lusso US$650,000 new, and my dealer gave me a shirt. ordered 200 nissan cars for our company fleet and i was gifted a $20 christmas basket and a jacket

23. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Late 2022? The model certainly has a lot of life left in it which bodes well for those waiting on an allocation.

24. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    #1074 ScrappyB, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Funny because to my eyes, that’s the best looking GTS I’ve seen. Perhaps my opinion would change seeing it from different angles.

ScottS and Garretto like this.
  25. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    Have any US buyers received any kind of update from their dealers in the last couple of months? I specced mine in July and was told that the factory will decide when the next run is. Has anyone else heard differently?