NASCAR 2021 Season | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2021 Season

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by kylec, Dec 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    The Cup series will race on the road course the week after the Daytona 500 before heading to Homestead. It seems like road course racing is becoming more popular with Nascar viewers.

tazz99 likes this.
  2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    It certainly seems as though NASCAR is reacting to fans cries for more "Roval" races and after
    decades of running the same sort of schedule year after year after year, they're shaking things
    up a bit.

Fine and at long last.

Are viewers really tuning into the "Roval" events though? The ones I've seen, the cars look
    absolutely pedestrian, big old heavy hulks sliding through improvised chicanes with the inevitable
    calamities resulting in long, drawn out caution periods where NASCAR's hierarchy really comes
    into play with their endless nonsense.

One thing we may count on not changing is the annual "State of NASCAR" in the lead up to
    the Daytonner 500. This is where (whomever is in charge this week/insert name here) trots
    out and states the new rules and how these new rules are set in stone only to announce a revision
    of the rules two days later.

BHW

3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    #3 BartonWorkman, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    COTA is on the NASCAR schedule for 2021 and they'll be running the full course as
    used by F-1, Indy Car and sports cars.

There must have been a quiet war about this in the background between COTA and
    NASCAR deep in the dark fake wood panel walled offices back in Daytonner.

As we all know since the time NASCAR and IMSA ran the same course at Watkins Glen
    during the height of the GTP era in the 80s and it was proven that the best of the NASCAR
    runners would have been mid-field (at best) in the IMSA GTO class (never mind coming close
    to GTP/Camel Lights times.

Since then, NASCAR has refused to allow their events to be run on the same courses as
    sports cars such as Watkins Glen and Sears Point. From the wording of this article, NASCAR
    wanted to run a 2.0 mile short course but COTA insisted that they run the full circuit because,
    "There are more sight lines and opportunities for hillside viewing, plus we’ll have additional
    options for trackside camping."

So, COTA has won. Good on them. Let's see how many seconds NASCAR, which touts its
    drivers as "Fastest in the World" are behind, 10+ seconds? 20+ seconds? 30+ seconds? This is
    going to be fun!

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-cota-track-layout-/4925449/?ic_source=home-page-widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-2

BHW

lorenzobandini likes this.
  4. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Are you sure COTA has 'won'? Road America is on the NASCAR schedule July4th, where sportscars and Indycar race. Seems like a win for everybody.
    As an aside, the NASCAR weekend is looking to be an epically huge event for Road America; at least RA is planning for it to be. They are charging $10/car to park, and have shuttles from the local fairgrounds. They have never been close to doing that before, even when 60,000(?) fans attended Indy racing in the early '90s.

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    nah, NASCAR realized that the combination of drivers that can't drive and cars that don't stop or turn is demolition derby/figure eight racing lowest common denominator entertainment.

that sells.

;)

Hocakes likes this.
  6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    All I can say is that tonight's Busch Clash on the Daytona road course (with added chicane coming out of oval turn 4) was quite entertaining!

7. Schultz

Schultz Karting

Mar 9, 2014
    Midwest
    Yesterday's ARCA race had similar entertainment!! Speedweek is shaping up quite well.

8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Absolutely...That was an ending I did not expect, even though I should have. Not a KB fan here, but patience paid off yesterday..

9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Daytonner NASCAR Xfinity, decided to try watching...

What a borefest. Another NASCAR train wreck debacle masquerading as racing.
    Can they do more than a lap without needing a full course caution and/or red flag?

As usual, FS1 announce team is insufferable. Does this Boyer guy ever shut the F up?
    As usual, FOX hires the most annoying douchebags to test the limits of what their viewers
    will stand.

An incident which started when Dylan cut down the middle between two other cars into Turn 3
    had trouble written all over it. Dylan got squirrelly immediately and inevitably spun collecting
    a gaggle of other cars. This idiot Boyer says, "Boy, I sure didn't see that coming!". Really?
    Best turn in your network sport coat and microphone now Boyer, the man on the moon saw
    that coming.

Who won? Who cares?

BHW

Isobel likes this.
  10. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I’ll watch Daytona, the weird Busch race in Montreal (always seems to rain ;)) and Road America. Maybe The Glen, maybe..

Negatives; the cars, the drivers, the build up and the commentators.

Go Plymouth.

of2worlds and 375+ like this.
  11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Curtis Turner is my man.

Isobel likes this.
  12. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Them boys need tuh gittem summa them rain tars....

Isobel likes this.
  13. indy-25

indy-25 Karting

Nov 19, 2006
    just need to get to next year when cars get modernized for nascar standards and will sound 5x better.

14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    What happens next year?

15. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I am SO HAPPY FOR MCDOWELL!!!

Face76 and Isobel like this.
  16. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Yeah. Nice guy and been there in the shallow end for years. First time I remember hearing his name was when he drilled the wall somewhere during qualifying (maybe driving for Micheal Waltrip as a third stringer?). It was a true cannon blast, thought for certain he might be permanently disabled. Very pleased he won.

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    He was testing for MWR at Texas

Isobel likes this.
  18. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    First off it's BOWYER. He was my driver for 15 years and thank GOD he is bringing some much needed excitement to the booth. We already know how much you hate nascar, why even comment?

Terra and kylec like this.
  19. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    That’s the one. About as vicious as they come, unforgettable.

20. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    A butthole clencher for sure....

21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    That looked worse than Earnhardt's fatal wreck at Daytona! I guess the difference was the HANS device.

22. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    That "car of tomorrow" designed absorbed much more than the old ones, plus Earnhardt refused to wear a full face helmet. Even with all that, if his seat belt didn't break he would still be here today. That's what did him in, unfortunately.

23. indy-25

indy-25 Karting

Nov 19, 2006
    New chassis, transmission, IMS rear end, you get the old V8 sound back with the new exhaust

24. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    So I just watched the replay...so the winner #34 just bumped the 2nd place car into the 1st place car to knock them both out to win? Seems kinda cheap way to win...

25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    On the last lap of the Daytona 500, there is NO cheap way to win!