TR manuals pricing advice | FerrariChat

TR manuals pricing advice

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by murphyrg1, Dec 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. murphyrg1

murphyrg1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2012
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rory Murphy
    When I sold my '90 TR a few months back, I kept the manuals because: 1) the new owner had no intention of working on the car himself, and 2) I thought that the previous 20 year owner of the car (and life-long Ferrari guy) might want his collection back. He doesn't - and now I have to find a home for these things without really understanding their value. The asking prices for the basic service manual very greatly, much less trying to assign a value to the more obscure technical and parts manuals. I don't even know if the technical manual came pre-filled with things like service bulletins or if that sort of thing was added by the previous owner. Everything appears to be a factory publication except for the unbound 512TR workshop manual, which is likely just a double-sided photocopy.

Any input would be appreciated - Thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Maybe the new owner wants them?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

3. murphyrg1

murphyrg1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2012
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rory Murphy
    No - he seems like a great guy, but he clearly wanted to have other people work on his car. These should go to someone who just pages through them to look at the drawings, like I did. Or is amused by the number of service bulletins related to the AC fan control.

4. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Rory, you're right, prices vary wildly (at least on eBay). I bought the parts manual for ~$200 and a little more for the TR Workshop Manual several years ago, and ~45 - $75 for the wiring Diagrams. The 512 Manuals fetch several hundred each if original and in the binder though like you said those look like photocopies. I don't have any idea on the technical reference binder as I haven't seen those items combined before but I'm interested in purchasing from you--if you could set a price I'll let you know. Please PM me.

I enjoy reading about AC fan controls....

5. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    I just paid $275 on ebay for the exact same thing.

6. murphyrg1

murphyrg1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2012
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rory Murphy
    Are you saying that the $275 was for this Technical Information manual, or one of the others?
    Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think $275 to $300 per binder is the norm.....if original.

The Tech Bulletins were of course issued "over time" so the binder was more or less a Filing System.
    The Tech Bulletins on the 308 are about "1.25" of paper on fresh Xerox paper, but there's .pdfs out there now of most of this information.

8. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'm interested, please PM me.

9. murphyrg1

murphyrg1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2012
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rory Murphy
    Thanks, guys. It seems like $275/binder is about the going rate. Maybe another $50 for the copy of the 512TR manual. I'll start contacting those interested in the order they appeared and see if anyone might be interested in taking the whole lot for a couple hundred off. I didn't intend to actually sell these through my post here, so failing to sell to one of the guys who asked for a PM price, I'll put an ad in the classified section, where it belongs.

10. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I’ll take the whole lot less the 512tr book, maybe you can find a 512tr guy? Please don’t sell to someone looking to resell ;)

turbo-joe likes this.
  11. murphyrg1

murphyrg1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2012
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rory Murphy
    I'll send you a PM with the deal info like I'm doing with the others who have already asked. I was naively hoping that by selling these through the forum rather than eBay that I would avoid re-sellers, but I'm not sure how I would know in this case.

12. murphyrg1

murphyrg1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2012
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rory Murphy
    Looks like they are sold.

Thanks, everyone.

kartboy1234 likes this.
  13. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Service manual. I cannot recall what I paid a few years ago for the Technical Information Binder.

14. murphyrg1

murphyrg1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2012
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rory Murphy
    Thanks for the input. At this point, it looks like they're all going to a good home.