812 Auction currently on BaT | FerrariChat

812 Auction currently on BaT

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 96redLT4, Dec 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have been looking for a while for the right used late model F12 or 812. I see the same cars, presumably on consignment, at the same dealerships for months or even years. I wonder what the true values are. This may be the best way to find out. Looks like a nice example....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2019-ferrari-812-superfast/

KY _Soldier and klinkman like this.
  2. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Only one low bid thus far. Doesn’t look like any good market info will be forthcoming.

3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I'd bet on a no sale on this one, demand does not seem to be there - and typically a seller is not accepting such harsh reality.

timjen88 and F2003-GA like this.
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  5. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Interesting

6. Evo X

Evo X Karting

Jun 16, 2018
    Chicago
    That’s a lovely spec!

Wish it had more interior carbon tho

Thecadster likes this.
  7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That’s a weak sauce listing. The car is dirty inside and out. You can see visible scratches on the bottom of the front fascia. No photo of the MSRP. No videos. Weak as circus lemonade.

F2003-GA, Caeruleus11 and vraa like this.
  8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Right front wheel is curbed...
    Rear diffuser has some damage...

Caeruleus11, Thecadster and vraa like this.
  9. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    The true value of an 812 SF or any NA V12 Ferrari coupe is immeasurable enjoyment by the owner. The market value is a randomly fluctuating but ever decreasing numbers game, especially with a non-limited, front-engine V12 coupe. The perfect spec (not a crazy color combo, not a bare-bones car, not an over the top build) will still see some depreciation. This is not a knock on the machine but a historical reality. Throw in Covid19, and the numbers available on the market... well you get the idea. I think if we are being generous, 812 SF sales are trading hands in the upper 280s and lower 300s depending on the spec and mileage. Some have argued that a pre-GPF car is worth considerably more, but I don't know what that means in actual dollars. Either way, if you can pick one up, it is worth it, but I am biased :).

italiafan, 96redLT4 and Napoli like this.
  10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Just to be clear, every 812SF produced for USA through MY2020 is GPF-free.

And, there are fewer than 1100 made for the USA (per rear hatch glass recall notice).

The "worth more" will be in the future once it is realized no more N.A.-only +GPF-free V12 from Ferrari; I believe the 812 family is the last V12 family for regular production, if a V12 appears in some future regular production it will have some form of hybridization and all will have GPF and will be impacted by further reductions in allowable exhaust noise per EU regulations (which Ferrari seems to be inclined to make that standard apply to its worldwide production) - and those regulations include requirement that the manufacturer enforce those regulations through onboard computer systems (i.e. make it impossible for aftermarket exhaust changes). And, remember, GPF is not only about sound, it is also about its additional failure points that may affect long term ownership because it is a device designed/built to fail by acting as collection device not to mention the additional heat soak.

To whit, at this time, there is no known 812 replacement model....

italiafan and Eilig like this.
  11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Avia11 likes this.
  12. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Site says it sold for $320K. A fair number considering the condition of the car.

Thecadster likes this.
  13. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Moved up nicely in the last hour, after a nice 'pitch' from the seller in the comments.

14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Supposedly a $430US MSRP. $320,000 seems very well sold based on being somewhat low spec, subpar condition, and overall poor presentation. I say that as both a lover, and owner, of an 812.

KenU, Avia11 and 96redLT4 like this.
  15. Veloce12

Veloce12 Karting

Aug 19, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Brady
    Sorry if this has been addressed but why are there so many812s on the market? I agree it is a fabulous GT ; but so many for sale? Are owners bailing to position for the GTS?

16. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    There is a whole thread about it, more than one. It's a good thing for buyers though so if you are in the market you have a good selection.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I love circus lemonade...

18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Hahaha... I like circus lemonade too, and circus corn dogs, and circus funnel cakes.

19. Veloce12

Veloce12 Karting

Aug 19, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Brady
    Thanks, guess I am blind since I don't see anything current in the last 25 threads; just wondering why there are over 30 for sale, seems aot.

20. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Seems like a realistic price. Most of the similar vintage/mileage cars I am seeing on showroom floors have ask prices of $370K or more. It always seems surprising to me that consigning owners are ok with their cars 'decorating' showroom floors for months or years on end as the prices go down

Thecadster likes this.
  21. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Sometimes I wonder this too, especially considering there are supposedly 4X as many F12s as 812s in the US. Sales mgr I talked to said he thought it was due mostly to rich guys being willing to part with 200, but not 300K in this economy. FWIW

22. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There may be a few dozen available but once you start to filter the color preferences both external and internal you might end up with just a handful of cars nationwide. Then out of those you have missing options. For me it came down to two available cars. This is the one I bought. The wife and I drove it down the coast to our home in San Diego spending a few nights along the way. I life long memory gained.
    I cannot say enough how impressed I am.
    Wow. The discount from new was about the price of all the options. 2020 with 1600mi.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

wrs, Caeruleus11, Ryan13 and 2 others like this.
  23. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I forgot to add in summary that I thought the Bat car (325 all in)was pretty much on the money considering the limited research I had done in purchasing mine.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

rob lay likes this.
  24. Ryan13

Ryan13 Karting

Jan 21, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    very nice car, congratulations!

vonbeeler and Thecadster like this.
  25. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It's currently on the second page.

I think if you look on cargurus or autotrader you will find from 60-90, many more than 30.