430 - Should I buy a RR Ghost or F430 Spider? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Should I buy a RR Ghost or F430 Spider?

Discussion in '360/430' started by superwoman, Dec 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I bought a Bentley CGT because we have a daughter and wanted a fun car we could enjoy as a family. Since you seem to have really enjoyed your Bentley and already have a Lamborghini, I would get the Rolls Royce. You will have the best of both worlds.

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    As both a McLaren and Ferrari owner I can say the Mclaren gets a raw deal from social media bashing. I love both but the Mclaren has enough performance to totally embarrass anything less than a 488...

On Mclaren's reliability, don't believe all the drama, the most important thing to ensure its trouble free is to keep it's battery in good condition and make sure all the software is up-to-date.

Early examples had lots of phantom gremlins because fault sensitivity was set to aggressively in early software. Most of the issues where triggered by battery issues and apart from some silly annoyances they are a very accomplished car.

They are a Sub 3 seconds 0 to 60, over 600hp and just a map yields more than 700hp. Full carbon tub and handing prowess which means that an F430 would not see which way it went. They are epic in many ways and massively undervalued for the performance on offer. Ran mine for 2 years now and still enjoying it.

Rolls is polar apart except on ride quality which is also amazing on Mclaren's too. If you've owned an old Bentley your used to crappy reliability and the Mclaren will be miles better sorry couldn't resist.. Yes I've owned a flying spur that could drain oil fields just by looking at it and would bleed every last cent out of your wallet with its insatiable appetite for fuel..

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

redcaruser likes this.
  3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    You have the Gallardo Spyder so a 430 Spider would be redundant as a sports car but the driving experience is vastly different between these two (I prefer Ferrari)
    You’re trading in your Bentley and Alfa so you need a luxury sedan = Ghost. My wife and I loved the Ghost...we had a driver drive us and it’s the ultimate luxury. Driving it is a bit of a boat like floaty feeling, but still super comfortable and plush.
    In conclusion, you’re having a baby (congrats!!!!) so throw a baby seat in the back and you have a glorious family cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomc likes this.
  4. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Would it be inappropriate to suggest considering a Flying Spur?

5. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Anyone that asks if they should get a Ghost or a F430 then should get a Ghost.

E60 M5, NMNMNMN and cole328 like this.
  6. Atlantic

Atlantic Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2015
    Porto, Portugal/New York, USA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Sell the Gallardo, keep the Bentley for the kids and the inevitable dog to trash and keep the Alfa. Then buy the F430, you know that’s what you really want!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

nickorette, NMNMNMN and armedferret like this.
  7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    True. My nephews drove in my previous car ONCE when they were young. I was finding fossilized Cheerios in it for years. I would suggest a nice, cheap SUV to haul the urchins, their stuff and the dog they'll pester you to get. Get the F-car when they're a little older. Most importantly, congratulations on the new addition...T

Atlantic, Maine57S1 and NMNMNMN like this.
  8. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #33 Manda racing, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    Image Unavailable, Please Login P Cayenne GTS ( ?)

op. Mentioned value and a 430 will hold value more than a Ghost. IMHO.

If buying Rolls consider a later Ghost for WiFi etc.
    And optional Champagne compartment in rear center not necessary if hauling kids.

armedferret likes this.