Ferrari Wall Paint Color | FerrariChat

Ferrari Wall Paint Color

Discussion in 'Texas' started by drdfog, Dec 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drdfog

drdfog Rookie

Jun 21, 2014
    North Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Chuck Lanham
    Good Afternoon. I am going to have my garage painted this week. Does anyone know what the paint code (or name of the paint) is for Sherwin Williams for the Ferrari Yellow? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Most places can scan and match paint colors if you have a sample. A lot of the car paint supplier web sites have paint codes which might also serve as a starting place to pick what you like best.

Are you looking for the color on a car or the color on the shield? They may be slightly different.

3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

Hi!

If you can give me an idea of which of the many Ferrari Yellow you are looking for, I may be able to help!
    Where did you see the yellow you are speaking of?

As an example:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc likes this.
  4. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I painted an accent wall in my garage in red and wanted the closet match to Rosso Corsa (like my 458) as i was putting a silver cavallino on it. I drove my self nuts trying to match the exact shade of red from Ben Moore and Sherwin Williams. Then I realized that rather than go crazy trying to match the car exactly, I just chose the best red to my eyes and it turned out great! So I would suggest get the paint swatches from wherever you're getting the paint and put it up on the wall or buy a small sample and try it out instead of trying to match the perfect ferrari yellow which have different tints too. Furthermore, any color is going to vary depending on the light you're looking at it in so keep that in mind.

Good luck!

SAFE4NOW, tomc and energy88 like this.
  5. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
  6. drdfog

drdfog Rookie

Jun 21, 2014
    North Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Chuck Lanham
    Thanks so much for the ideas. I knew I could get swatches and samples, but I am very lazy. I was hopeful someone had done the same as I was dreaming and I could benefit from your legwork. LOL This is what I ended up with for a yellow Image Unavailable, Please Login color from Sherwin Williams.

VelocityTexas, JLF and SAFE4NOW like this.
  7. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    I had the same problem a few years ago when I did my garage. I reverse engineered it by finding that a Lutron Claro switch plate in "Hot" (HT) was right and then had the paint mixed to match .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

drdfog, VelocityTexas and SAFE4NOW like this.