599GTO VS F12TDF | FerrariChat

599GTO VS F12TDF

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Doc_Dent, Dec 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    #1 Doc_Dent, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    So a friend of mine offered me his F12TDF (he has 2) for a very good deal arround $660K.
    Also, another friend told me about a 599GTO I could put my hands on as well for arround $550K.

Both are very low mileage cars (less than 4K miles).
    Great prices and realistic in a way.
    I do love both cars. But the difference in price is not that high relatively!
    I am not sure which way to go if I decide to pick up one of them. I am collecting for my joy and personal use, but ofcourse buying smart is the way to go.

I do have an F12 in my current collection, which I guess would be wise to sell if I will liquidate some of my cars if I chose the TDF.

What do you think about this?

Any suggestions, value preferences?

Any tips regarding production number effect on limited cars such as this scenario or other limited Ferraris?

Any other suggestions for another model for that kind of money?
    All answers are highly appreciated.

Note: I posted on FERRARI DISCUSSION as I believe it qualifies to be here IMO, as it has a general "limited essence" in a way as well:).
    If not, any of our most respected moderators is more than welcome to transfer the post.
    Thanks guys,,,

2. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    599 GTO more special and a keeper, also long term a better buy.

Ferrari 360 CS, NürScud and Doc_Dent like this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If it's a driver not an investment, drive both, then decide. You got a tough choice but a great choice ahead of you. Best of luck!
    T

Boomhauer and Doc_Dent like this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    at $660k you wld be nuts to not buy it - USA car in the USA?

LARRYH, tfazio and Boomhauer like this.
  5. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    #5 Doc_Dent, Dec 15, 2020
    Nope, not USA car.
    I don't live in the US.

6. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    #6 Doc_Dent, Dec 15, 2020
    But that is interesting BTW.
    I find prices relatively cheaper (specially Ferraris) in the US compared to EUROPEAN or other parts of the world.

For example, other than used F cars, U can get a brand new G CLASS 63 for $180K + -
    Good luck with that in other parts of the world ($240K +-):)
    As I understand, the bigger QUOTA the US gets, helps dealers charge far more less than other dealers in other countries.

7. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    This.

8. PB033

PB033 Karting

Dec 13, 2019
    Switzerland
    Have you got more information on colour and specs of both cars? 660k for a Tdf in Europe is extremely competitive & Tdf is a better and technologically more advanced car. If colour or spec is not too exotic, I would clearly go for the Tdf.
    Makes sense to sell the F12. If it is your daily driver, get a new daily driver and still buy the Tdf.

Sent from my BBF100-6 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    599 GTO, to me a much rawer driving experience than a TDF.

GTO is based on the 599 XX track which gives it further provenance in my view.

LARRYH and BarryK like this.
  10. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Tough choice, the GTO had lower production numbers over the tdf but not by a huge margin. According to Jeremy Clarkson the 599GTO was a big handful to drive but that's part of the appeal. The tdf is priced well and probably the easier driver, they are commanding strong prices at least in the USA.

11. Kyle Stoffer

Kyle Stoffer Karting

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kyle R Stoffer
    599GTO. Only because I’ve got a 599HGTE and love the GTO. One objective item to consider is the 599 is essentially running an Enzo motor (I believe), might make it a little more special down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    TDF and sell your F12

Crankshaft likes this.