My first Ferrari - What to expect | FerrariChat

My first Ferrari - What to expect

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by adamellisdj, Dec 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis
    Hey guys. I am SO excited to be in the range for a Ferrari.

I have just applied for finance with Ferrari here in the UK for a F458 with 3700 miles on a 2012 plate.

It has a good few extras including Bluetooth, Heated Seat, LED Steering Wheel, Full-Optional Mirrors (not idea what that means ha), Front and Rear parking sensors, Yellow rev counter.

2 things I wish it had was the reversing camera and the axel lift. But they are not deal breakers I guess.

I am 33 and not rich by any means, but I can afford the finance comfortably. I am coming from an M4 and a 600bhp brand new 6-month-old c63s AMG.

What can I expect going from high-end road cars to the F458? Is it a new level of sound and excitement?

What do I need to be wary of as a first-time owner etc?

Manda racing likes this.
  2. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    First of all, congrats on UR F car.
    Wish U many miles of joy in health and happiness.
    The 458 IMO is one of the most Agile Ferraris I drove back then. Sharp control and sharp response due to weight when comparing to some other bigger engine V12s.
    Well, in terms of what to expect VS your previous car history, one simple sentence "it is a FERRARI",
    You will soon discover that yourself as an owner now;)
    Welcome to the club,,,

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Well, as a Ferrari owner, your jokes are now 10% funnier, your teeth are whiter, and you will be expected to pick up the tab when at the bar with your friends!

Seriously though, enjoy your 458. And get ready for lots of smiles, lots of attention and lots of petrol purchases.

And, post up pictures, please. Congrats.

T

4. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    See yourself smiling when you look at yourself in the rear view mirror, butterflies in your stomach when you get in after not driving it for a week. Lastly you’ll Look for roads to conquer. Have fun

tomc and Reacherman1022 like this.
  5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I would add, download all known weather apps to your phone.
    Every Sunday, I look through the various weather forecasts & my calendar for the coming week,
    and try to arrange my schedule so that my meeting schedule is the lightest for the nicest day of the week.
    Then, it's Ferrari time!
    T

SVCalifornia and EnzoItaly like this.
  6. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    1. Join your local Ferrari Club (if you have one) so you can meet others can go on drives
    2. Read F-Chat every day, including the 458 section

7. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    Thanks for sharing that!!

I’m gonna try to do that as well: a great idea, certainly in these Corona days!

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    In the midst of a pandemic, driving your Ferrari is among the most socially responsible forms of entertainment! You're not just doing it for your own well-being, but for the sake of your fellow man! WHO would approve.

T

Gary Sandberg and EnzoItaly like this.
  9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome & enjoy - you have had powerful cars but be very careful on slippery roads with warm tyres let alone cold - do not go too close to 'race' mode or whatever its called until you have a good understanding of the car - UK roads will be too cold for the tyres to work properly til beyond Easter

10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You will like have a couple of years of trouble free driving. However within those years make sure you build up a slush fund set aside just for the Ferrari in case somthing expensive needs repairs (gearbox sensor comes to mind as an example).

11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Gary Sandberg likes this.
  12. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Expect to have a great time and make wonderful friends.

LARRYH and Gary Sandberg like this.
  13. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

If therapists (psychiatrists, psychologists, etc) only knew what 30 minutes behind the wheel of a Ferrari can do, they'd be out of jobs and the drug companies would suffer huge revenue drops due to the lack of prescribing of anti-depresants.

Quietriot, Jonathan Knight and tomc like this.
  14. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

I would also add to the OP to join the local Ferrari clubs. Ferrari Club of America is one.

You connect with people and events that bring so much more to the Ferrari experience.

tomc likes this.