Sold - 2002 Lexus LX 470 Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series | FerrariChat

Sold 2002 Lexus LX 470 Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by ItalianOne, Nov 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    My Pearl White 2002 Lexus LX 470 with Tan Leather. Loaded. I have owned for 8 years and have used as my daily driver. 202K miles. Clean Title. This LX has 3 Rows w rear AC/Heat, Heated seats, Navigation/DVD player, Tow hitch. Weather Tech floor mats, I recently put $4,000 into the truck which includes. New Front rotors and brake pads. New fuel pump, and fuel tank sender. New front axels and ball joints and control arms. Newer BF Goodrich KO2 tires. New rear height sensor and New Alternator installed. Car runs excellent. All Lexus maintenance has been routinely completed. The interior shows Beautiful with no smells or tears. Books and Records. Asking $12,000 Please PM me if you have any interest or would like to look at.. This is a great truck!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I love it, Kevin! I am surprised to see you are selling it. If you are out and about in it please stop by the dealership so I could check it out. I have been searching for a FJZ80 Land Cruiser/LX450 but it is hard to find a nice one for a decent price.

3. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    GLWS I would cross post @ ih8mud too - that's how I sold my 2007

4. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This should go fast

5. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Hey everyone,

I drove this LX470 today. The seller stopped by today so I could look it over and take it for a spin.

My impression:

It drives really well especially considering it has over 200K Miles and is nearly 20 years old. Everything works on the inside as well. This was the first LX I have ever driven and was impressed with its on-road manners. I expected it to drive like a truck but it did feel like I was driving a Lexus. The interior showed some minor wear on the driver seat bolster but no rips or tears which I have seen on a number LX/Land Cruisers that are for sale.

Like I posted previously I have been searching for an FJ80 but when this came along I wanted to take a look. I ran a carfax and the seller said I could post to this thread. Ultimately I am likely going to pass as I do not need to have this vehicle now and frankly I know the seller will likely sell it right away.

VAF84 likes this.
  6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    You should keep it, it'll still be running in 20 years. :)

rampante550 and m5shiv like this.
  7. ItalianOne

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    Jim, yes it will.. I do love this truck. I go back and forth with selling it, but I have driven for 8 years and am looking at replacing with a new 2021 LX which is in coming. The truck also just received a fresh oil change last week and is ready to go. Please PM me if you would like to look at or would like more info.

8. ItalianOne

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    New truck incoming.. Lowering price to $10,800 Please PM me if any interest..

9. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Great vehicles!

I just old my 265K mile LX last week. We had it for 5 years and put 75K miles on it. It was my daily driver and our primary vacation vehicle. We drove it from Texas to the Olympic Penninsula, San Diego, a couple of trips to Colorado, and Arkansas. Big Bend, Colorado, and Bentonville just this year. We pulled horse trailers with it, a boat, tractor, a car a few times, and hauled around a bunch of kids, bikes, and camping gear during our ownership. Never had a single mechanical failure/breakdown the entire time we had it. Just replaced wear items, performed regular maintenance, and made repairs as needed. It had a few dings and a dent, but overall still looked great regardless of being close to 20 years old. Incredibly solid vehicles. I listed it on our local CL for a few thousand less than this one and it sold within 24 hours. The new owner drove in to buy it and was extremely excited to have it. I replaced it with a one-owner 2007 LX that has half the mileage. I'm hoping that we have the same level of service with the 2007 that we did with our old, gold 470.

2cam

ItalianOne and carguyjohn350 like this.
  10. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    242k on my 570, sold my 470 with 321k, 2021 LX sounds great, good luck with the sale.

11. euro400

euro400 Rookie

Jan 20, 2014
    Sent you a PM

12. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    shiv
    Tell me more about the 470. How in the world you get it to 321k?

13. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    #13 m5shiv, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    It just ran and ran and ran. I didn't really do much to it at all to be honest. I did the rear suspension change to LC setup, and two water pumps I think. But the car always ran here in warm weather, Mobil 1 every 7500, lots of freeway action. The 570 so far has only been 1 water pump and a fuel sender, and one interior trim piece. The 470 was burning a fair bit of oil though at the end so I gave it to a friend. Had to do the starter as well, that was a bit involved pulling everything off.

If the cybertruck comes out next year, it will replace the 570. If it doesn't, I'll probably get another 570.

ItalianOne and dinoart like this.
  14. ItalianOne

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    The truck has SOLD to a Happy New Owner.... Sad to see it go...

WJC likes this.