LH has covid | Page 10 | FerrariChat

LH has covid

Discussion in 'F1' started by becker, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The positive blood test result indicates the presence of antibodies (IgM and IgG) responding to at least one form of coronavirus, that may or may not be SARS-CoV2. Given current infection maps, it's a reasonable assumption that a positive result is SARS-CoV2 but not an absolute confirmation.

More commonly applied is the nasal swab and molecular testing that confirms the presence of SARS-CoV2 genetic material. This is the test I expect to have been used to confirm a positive test result for Hamilton because it is highly specific.

The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) varies in severity from person to person. Some experience milder cold-like symptoms and others fight for their lives (sometimes losing) with severe acute respiratory distress. Hamilton reported not feeling well and still not 100% upon his return this past weekend, so I am not sure there's any reasonable doubt left that he experienced it to some degree. In the pursuit of records, it does not benefit him to fake it and miss a weekend.

All the best,
    Andrew.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Since tifosi compared Russell to Senna lost all credibility to me.
    Russell is no more the next best thing than Leclerc, gasly, Norris, Verstappen...got very blind not to
    Realize how dominant the Merc is. Is Hamilton an amazing generational talent ? Yeah but at least 10
    Guys would be WC in this car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remy Zero likes this.
  3. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Sounds as if Lewis was careless when he picked up Covid according to one witness;

"It’s still not clear if Lewis Hamilton will be Covid negative enough to race in the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend. It would be a real shame if he missed out on the chance to take the deserved plaudits for his record-equaling seventh title – but it could be a self-inflicted one.

Though Lewis has been very keen to insist he’s followed all protocols and taken every possible precaution, he might be laying it on a little too thick. Our spies in Dubai spotted him out at a glitzy restaurant right around the time he was likely to have picked it up, where he and his bodyguard spent the evening in the not-very-socially-distanced company of six beautiful young women who chose to join him.

He and the ladies all left together. So unless he was simply checking that they all got their taxis, chances are they had a nightcap at even closer quarters."

BigTex and Bas like this.
  4. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Either
    - Lewis tested positive but never contracted Covid or
    - Covid was like a mild flue for him,
    in both cases his statements about it are totally out of bounds and a slap in the face of people who really suffered because of this virus

Bas likes this.
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    It should have stayed in the private domain. Again, no one forced him to say that he was going to write a book to tell the most difficult week of his life. It’s just indicative of a detestable state of mind.

Bas likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

LOL u really don’t like him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Funny given how he insists on lecturing everyone. 1 rule for him, 1 for the others?

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Looking at this list I don't see so many active, young, fit athletes dying from corona.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deaths_due_to_COVID-19

The youngest seems to have been a young Sumo wrestler (26) and a Rugby player turned coach age 36 (he played 2 games 14 years ago). Not to be insensitive, but he was quite a portly fella.

So yes, I'll stick with my original assessment that Lewis saying he feels ''lucky to be alive'' is overplaying it just a bit. This is a guy that has a religious fitness scheme, everything he eats is narrowed down to a science and I'm sure gets yearly checkouts to see if he is in supreme fit conditions and has no underlying illnesses.

Most young people that died do have underlying illnesses, even if they didn't know about it. These deaths are sadly marked down as ''died from Corona'' rather than ''died with corona''

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Any death is recorded as caused by the virus, to pump up the stats, I strongly suspect.

SimCity3 likes this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep, sadly true.

If you die within 28 days of testing positive of Corona, and you die (no matter how you actually died), your death gets marked as Corona...

11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Of course he didn't win. The team screwed up. He was leading comfortably for the win. What do you think was going to happen?

He might be the next big thing. But you are missing the point entirely. He's random because he just parachuted in the last minute. Russell only proves anyone besides Bottas can win in that car.

12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I think he was second when he got the puncture, but regardless for 1000th time, this is nothing new in F1. Many drivers could have won in Mansell's Williams, Senna's Mclaren, Schumi's Ferrari and so on.

tifosi12 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    And then there are the 300,000 (USA or 1.75M world wide) people for which is was not so mild ...........

tifosi12 likes this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yet overall mortality rate is on track to be the same as any other year.

15. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    “Indicative of a detestable state of mind?”

16. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Respectfully disagree.

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    CDC has reported more deaths by over 250k in the US through November than same time in 2018 and 2019. The total US deaths in 2020 of all causes through Nov 2020 has already exceeded 2018 and 2019 12 month totals. There are still death certificates not yet processed in November so the 2020 numbers will be revised higher.

edit: source https://www.kare11.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/verify-comparing-total-deaths-from-2020-to-2019-and-2018/501-355b857c-e7e9-40e4-b31d-11500cbcb103

18. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Lots of people are making lots of money on COVID 19 so expect the number of cases and deaths to be highly inflated.

william and Bas like this.
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    John Hopkins said otherwise a few days ago...

The countries I've been able to check in Europe all revealed the same, very much ''in line'' with normal death rate.

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    yep...how many people with for example terminal cancer caught corona and have that on their death certificate?

21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    In France, the bureaucracy is so inefficient that they have had no other solutions than the constraint of lockdown. If the mortality rate is not higher than in other years, how can they justify this deprivation of liberty?

Natkingcolebasket69 and Bas like this.
  22. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yeh even you eh B :D

Remy Zero and tifosi12 like this.
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    This is from May so quite early on, but considering how hard France was hit it's somewhat relevant. Google's alghoritm doesn't make it easy to find articles for 2020 for some countries.
    https://www.france24.com/en/20200529-french-mortality-rate-for-first-half-of-may-lower-than-in-2019-despite-covid-19

Over here there was very little testing, and I know why...first lady here that was suspected of Covid left the hospital by armed security via a different exit because locals where ready to chop her to pieces so as to stop corona spreading here (yes, true story, and no, they really didn't think their plan through). Walking around there very clearly was a lot of Corona here early on, the symptoms where obvious and speaking to a doctor buddy of mine he said the same thing. Anyways, someone else I know here got a permit to build a crematorium here as he was sure he would make a killing here once they started dropping like flies (his words, not mine). I was to supply him with wood for cheap coffins. The order is still there, his crematorium is long finished and remarkably unused.

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    This ^^

and this ^^^

25. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

George was winning the race, but then someone popped the AA batteries out of the comms.

Amazing.

Remy Zero likes this.