Anyone buy a car from EuroCar in Costa Mesa? | FerrariChat

Anyone buy a car from EuroCar in Costa Mesa?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by rennspeed, Dec 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Anyone have any experience buying a car from EuroCar in Costa Mesa?

2. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I went several times when shopping. Hated it, if you didn’t dress flashy or aren’t Chinese they most likely won’t give you time of day. The cars aren’t the best shape but the kicker was Zee (co-owner) telling me that I don’t look like a guy who is going to buy a Ferrari I “look like a guy with a camera”. They have a great assortment but their quality and more importantly their service was very off putting. I personally will never give them by business.

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I bought my 1st 550 from them. Like any dealer your support ends when you sign your name on the dotted line. I was pretty sure they would not be able get the PIN for the car I bought. But they represented themselves as Ferrari people and it would be no problem to get the PIN. Of course they never could produce it. They said they were trying and just BS put me off and did not appear to make any effort to get the PIN from Ferrari as part of my sales contract. I always assume you won't get anything you agreed to after sale and I was not disappointed. If they are still around it has been maybe 15 years+ since that deal. That's a good thing because so many are fly by night. So at least they appear stable and will not disappear.

rennspeed likes this.
  4. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    thx for chiming in and for sharing your experiences Sky Hye and fatbillboy, always helpful

Sky Hye likes this.
  5. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I purchased my 458 there. I can understand the frustration of Sky Hye and Billybob, and could see how it could happen. My personal experience was not bad.

A few good things about my experience:
    • The moment I expressed interest in the 458, they immediately let me take it out for a test drive. No questions asked and no pressure.
    • My car was missing the manuals, tool kit, and tire inflator. They got those all for me later, I think a week after I bought the car.
    • They let me take the 458 to my independent for a PPI. My indy is 40 miles away, and they let them keep it a day and return it the day after.
    • The PPI revealed a few things, but the engine and mechanicals were sound. I requested a few items to be repaired and they fixed them no problem
    • I traded in my 599, and they were very easy on the trade with a fair price
    • I attribute my good experience I had to my sales person. She was very attentive and responsive
    • I would probably go back, and have considered trading (or selling) them my F430
    A few odd/frustrating things:
    • Zee does get involved with every deal. I spent more time with him than I thought I needed, but he was pleasant. He really gets into the details of the deal (trade and purchase).
    • After I took delivery of the car, I noticed a few issues (none of them big). Strap in frunk (that they repaired) broke. Back of the passenger seat was damaged (never thought to look back there to inspect). Windshield was a replacement. Carpet was damaged from battery acid (could not tell earlier since plastic protector was on carpet)
    I have had my 458 for a year now, and the car is still terrific.

rennspeed likes this.
  6. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Have dealt with them a few times in the past. Bought one and sold 5 cars to them. Never had issues with them.

Flea7 and rennspeed like this.
  7. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Are they a good place to consignment sale or did you sell the cars to them outright?

8. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I sold directly. No consignment. I shopped around all the big dealerships and they gave me the best deal by far. Sold 458, Z8, 430 spider, v12 Lusso and 488 to them

9. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    They wouldn’t give me the time of day when I went by. But I wear old shorts, free tshirts from races and my old running shoes. They assumed I couldn’t afford any of their cars.

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Bought a Scud from them 7 years ago. If it wasn’t for the awesome service from Peter, the sales person, the place is just a typical glorified used car dealership.

I was waiting on car history docs, which they had a hard time getting before finalizing a deal. I went in Saturday morning to look at the car and left Monday morning with the car. In the meantime, they tried to sell the car twice while they knew I was waiting on docs and told me they were holding the car. Once they got proper docs and the compression test by Ferrari service (right behind them) was provided, I had to book a hotel room in O.C Sunday night just to make sure I was the first guy there to finalize the deal because I didn’t trust the owner to hold anything.

Go for the car, not the service. Make sure the car checks out. If Peter still works there, he’s the best sales person there. DM me if you need a contact.

Flea7 and rennspeed like this.
  11. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I bought a Mercedes S Coupe from them a couple of years ago (Chris was the salesman). Discussed with Chris reselling it back to them but my neighbor bought it instead. Previously I window shopped a 612 from them and almost bought it but found a better one elsewhere. The salesman there was the Aussie (John if I remember right). In all cases it was a pleasant experience and I have nothing negative to say. Generally I found them to be very knowledgeable and helpful and there was no high pressure. Of course you are buying from a used car dealer and you have to bear that in mind. If I recall correctly they dont do consignment any more (long time ago they did).

rennspeed likes this.
  12. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

I fall into the homeless category the way I dress. Hand them my financial guys card and they look at me like Im nuts LOL

Face76 likes this.
  13. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I’m actually headed there Saturday. Getting the itch to trade in my F430 for something different. Going to see what my trade is worth and their inventory.

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Bought my 2014 Vanquish from there little over a year ago. Made a pretty quick transaction trading mg DBS in. Deal was relatively seamless. The Vanquish is still my daily, no issues.
    I have heard mixed reviews but think this is inherent in most dealerships, so due diligence always required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rennspeed likes this.
  15. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #15 Flea7, Dec 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    Chris Anderson was who I dealt with about 5 years ago.
    For me, it was great customer service, great follow up and a smooth transaction. Flew down for the day for a PPI at raging bull....signed papers ...gave them money...and they drove me to the airport in a rolls. Had the car delivered to me within a week in a dual covered transport.

Good luck...it's a dealership...there are going to be goods and bad. As Ken said, go for the car and make sure things are legit.

rennspeed, ShineKen and RonH like this.
  16. Los Angeles pi

Jun 30, 2017
    Euro Car educated me very well. They taught me to not buy from them. I purchased new and no regrets.

IloveGT and rennspeed like this.
  17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The owner is the problem. The sales guys are great. It’s when the owner gets involved in the deal, things go downhill.

rennspeed likes this.
  18. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Haha that cracked me up.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Thx fellas for the info

20. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Peter was really good, but he is now in the cannabis industry!

Jcm91ca and ShineKen like this.
  21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Good for him! Follow the money I guess :). Last I checked years ago he was in the alcohol business lol.

TG likes this.
  22. FL410guy

FL410guy Karting

Apr 18, 2015
    Fort Lauderdale
    I dealt with them briefly, a young lady, who was professional, approachable and nice. (Was looking into a 488), and then suddenly she was gone.

(She reached out after to explain her and the owners couldn’t agree on something, but she’d be happy to be my indy broker.)

My overall impression is that it’s just a typical used car/sunglasses hut type of joint. Not exactly impressed with the customer service.

M

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

23. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I remember the vodka. Now he's partner in a brand that's blown up in California.

ShineKen likes this.
  24. Haoyangdong

Haoyangdong Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 23, 2020
    Worst dealership ever. Stay away from them. I was literally discriminated a few days ago. I was trying to check out a SVJ and the front desk lady went straight what do you drive now? I was visiting from Texas with my Audi rental so I said Audi, she told me no one can help me and do not touch anything. I can either go away or sit there and wait for someone.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

25. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Come on ....seriously?