For Sale - 87 Mondial 3.2 Cab | FerrariChat

For Sale 87 Mondial 3.2 Cab

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Faber, Nov 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    Hi,

87 3.2 Cab for sale - 54,804mi. If you desire to pursue I’m happy to follow up on additional Qs. If you're seriously interested I'd ask $33K or you may dicker as desired.

Recent conversation I had w/ an interested party:
    " Purchased in 2013 from a Porsche guy in Minnesota - has no oil leaks etc. had wheels painted new plugs etc - Spare wheel has bubbles tho - none of the other wheels do. Purchased a jack & toolkit later on. Steve C. owner of Prova Motori in San Antonio is my mechanic - last item addressed was rebuilt water pump years ago and new slave cylinder hose - I had some overheating concerns until I bled the coolant system front & back 3 times per Birdman's recommendation. Oh, put in a Scuderia Rampante fuse upgrade kit to resolve Fuel pump & AC fuse issue that these models have. 3 yr old Optima battery. AC works when I get freon. Great car; grandkids want me to keep it, but I'm not driving it enough. I'm restoring a 79 Toyota 4x4 long bed so there's that.

I've driven it 6K + mi since I've owned it. Paint is bubbling in spare wheel (only the spare) after repaint - I've read about some wheels doing that - it requires a sealing process that I haven't needed to employ yet - Replaced tires about a year(?) ago but not the spare. And the boys love driving in the mondial...(-* Convertibles are nice - top opens up and stores easily and has the leather cover same color as seats. No broken latches up front but I purchased two extras anyway in case. I also have a window motor around someplace but my windows have never given me any trouble as some experience. I did put in an antenna w/ switch under the dash and I replaced the throttle cable a while back. As far as mechanics, you've likely read the 3.2 requires no engine out and is a reliable engine. There are at least 3 good independent mechanics within an hour of me."

Always covered and garaged. Toolkit, jack, warning triangle purchased later on in ownership. extra R side grill and oil cooler hose included.

Videos taken Feb 2019:

Thanks,

Mmckee and Gle8 like this.
  2. HtownFcar

HtownFcar Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Houston,TX
    Full Name:
    CCO
    Hi,
    Just curious on why only the left side exhaust is smoking white( probably dew) and not the other side on the second video?

3. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    Hi - I noticed that also - no idea why.

4. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Hate to use the phrase but they all do that. The exhaust isn’t run equally, it runs much closer to one side than the other so water vapor exists only one side on chilly mornings.

5. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    HtownFcar likes this.
  6. HtownFcar

HtownFcar Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Houston,TX
    Full Name:
    CCO
    Makes total sense. Thx, newbie here :)

7. Ademir 70

Ademir 70 Rookie

Dec 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ademir Fedumenti
    I am interested on buying this or other Mondial 1984 and up. Can you email me ?

8. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    Hi, I can't see your email...Thanks,

9. Ademir 70

Ademir 70 Rookie

Dec 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ademir Fedumenti