FF Ambient Light Replacement? | FerrariChat

FF Ambient Light Replacement?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Monteman, Dec 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Has anyone replaced the two small LED lights in the overhead console that provide ambient light? One is out and the other is flickering. I've done searches for how to replace them but not found a thing. Any and all help is appreciated!

2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    It can be done. My Ferrari dealer did it for me. The cost in parts and labour was about $200. It was much cheaper than a whole new overhead console which is the Ferrari approved fix for the flickering LED.

Post repair the LEDs are a lot brighter so clearly the mechanics weren’t able to exactly match the LED spec but I give them kudos for repairing rather than replacing.

3. Ff 660

Ff 660 Rookie

Jun 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jim mitanis
    Hi I replaced all my Interior Globes with lead Ones about $5 from eBay and 10min work

4. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I think the question was how to remove the lights from the holders... can you fill us in?

What LEDs did u use?

SV

5. Ff 660

Ff 660 Rookie

Jun 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jim mitanis
    remove the u shape raised trim in the centre of the overhead console just pry out then undo screws and drop out complete unit. I am pretty sure its all in your owner manual. I tried a few different brand led globes so I could find ones that were all the same shade of white light to the ones that fit under the doors/dash/rear seat and rear overheads. just make sure you buy error free globes

Monteman likes this.
  6. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Are all the oem interior bulbs LED's?

7. Ff 660

Ff 660 Rookie

Jun 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jim mitanis
    No

otakki likes this.
  8. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I was able to get to the panel but the bulbs are soldered in and it looks like the only replacement is to replace the entire panel. Unfortunately, those are $$$$$$. Looks like $800+ on Ricambi for a new one.

9. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Can't u pull the panel and take it and new bulbs to an electronics repair shop for soldering?

10. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands

As I said above - my dealer soldered in new LEDs. They’re brighter than the originals but I’m not complaining.