Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 49 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    stavura, Picchu88, sammysaber and 4 others like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Seems like you have some proof of the Merc being 10 seconds faster than the back markers, care to share?

3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Mercedes has absolutely zero to do with the backmarkers.

Mercedes has had a performance advantage over it's next nearest competitors (who actually are relevant to the performance of the Mercedes, not some backmarker team) since 2014. That's an undisputed fact. Some years the gap has been enormous, other years the gap shrunk somewhat to 2-3 tenths, to the nearest fastest competitor.

Unless the entire field is covered by such a small margin, the speed of backmarkers has absolutely ZERO to do with anything.

stavura, Picchu88, sammysaber and 2 others like this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Taking a metric out of context to try to demonstrate something is a classic and recurring manipulation in history. I don’t know to what extent our friend ktu is sincere or not in his analysis? If that’s the case, it’s really destabilizing..

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Given his history, he seems entirely sincere in his beliefs that Lewis apparently has fought valiantly for his titles. Even those fought against the mighty Bottas

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, Picchu88, LVP488 and 3 others like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I always enjoy KTU’s POV as I love his passion and sincere love for Hamilton. I respect it and I do understand where he is coming from as not every races and titles were not in the bag for 7 years for Mercedes...however 7 year domination is just unprecedented and it certainly clouds a bit Lewis titles.
    Don’t get me wrong most WC have the best car and Lewis certainly a generational talent. Not his fault rosberg retired, not his fault they put bottas but OMG this dull and boring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picchu88, cairns and jpalmito like this.
  7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What you call love others might call delusion:D

I still wonder what went on why Rosberg retired. I've got my own theory on it...but it's just that, a theory.

LH could've suggested another driver. Especially after the 1 year contracts only and him telling other teams to have more competitive drivers in the #2 seat...and saying that he wants a driver like Verstappen to be his teammate. Easy to say such things when he knows that Bottas is about to get renewed, and that Verstappen is under a 5 year contract, lol. They could/should've given Russell a chance at least by now, even before his Sakhir race, he was due the 2021 drive.

We all know why they don't, though...

8. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    I think it is pretty obvious why he says stuff like that, to get into the head of other drivers. Of course a driver change won't happen and pisses Verstappen off, but that's the point :)
    If you want to know for sure a driver is lying, it is when he tells somebody that they want a superior team mate. They are in the business of winning, not delivering great epic battles. That is what we want to see, but is the side product. Rosberg retired because he needed all stars to align to be able to snatch a title. Since the repeat was impossible, he quit. Nothing more to it, unless mayhaps some conspiracy concerning Hamilton pulling strings with the NWO???

But of course nooooo, Hamilton has to tell 100% truth all the time, because he is an idiot and has a God complex and at the same time too humble to believe yadda yadda yadda. When he moans about tires, it's because he's a crybaby and not cannot possibly be because he wants to sandbag. I think Verstappen's "Heavy oscillations"-crap message last race shows it's working :)

william likes this.
  9. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Reading the lastest posts of KTU I really start to believe that there is a parallel universe after all......

stavura, Picchu88, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So just as I predicted you have zero proof of the Merc being over 10 seconds faster than the back markers as some cars had in the 80/90s. Why am I not surprised.

cairns likes this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Why is everybody getting mad at me for stating facts? Mercedes as a team has been dominant for the most part the last 7 years. But out of 2 team mates Hamilton is the only multiple champion. You see how I have no problem accepting that fact? But when I state that some past champions car was 12-15 seconds faster than the field yall get mad. Just accept the facts, its gonna be ok, no big deal.

bmwracer and cairns like this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Why didn't Schumacher say he wanted Alonso or Montoya as team mate? One thing that we all can agree on his Hamilton has had far superior team mates than Schumacher. It's not even close.

cairns likes this.
  13. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

cairns and ktu like this.
  14. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You posted a video commenting on Lewis Hamilton's activism, which is a political topic. FerrariChat has, for over 20 years now, partitioned P&R topics into a dedicated P&R subforum to keep the rest of the site clean. You may discuss political topics in the P&R forum and here's an F1 thread already established for you:

Enjoy. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.

paulchua and cairns like this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's genuinely amazing how your brain works.

You're either a very dedicated troll or your blinders are so thick that really is how you see how it is.

16. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

IIRC Rosberg could only borrow Hamilton's superior engineers for one season.

Bas likes this.
  17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #1217 ktu, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    My brain works like this:
    3 plus 7 equals 10.
    The number 10 is greater than 3.
    Car A has a 10 second advantage.
    Car B has a 3 second advantage.
    Car A has a greater advantage than car B.

18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    It's refreshing to hear new excuses sometimes.

simpen likes this.
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Newsflash, genius: The top team does not compete against the slowest car in the field, whether this is 3 seconds a lap slower or 30. The top team competes against the next fastest team.

20. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Yeah, that happens when the "Bottas is crap, haha" argument does not work to put down LH.

ktu likes this.
  21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    If you spin out, make a costly pitstop, start from the back grid, get a penalty, have a incident in qualifying, etc, all these can lead to you competing against slower cars to get back to the top. Hamilton has a much narrow margin to get his podiums/wins than a 80s/90s champion. Hamilton had several penalties this year that cost him a win, if there was a 10 second gap in performance throughout the field instead of 3, he would have still won the race.

22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I concur with you on that one. Anyway, drivers will say whatever the media want to print/broadcast. Interviews are becoming farcical these days.
    It's obvious that no top driver worth his salt whishes to have a team mate that steals points from him or deprives him of a title when it's in sight.
    And the teams don't wish it either if it means giving an opportunity to the opposition. There have been very painful lessons learn from the past on these matters.
    Now F1 is big money, and teams run their affairs like a serious business, NOT to entertain the crowd.

23. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

And therein lays the problem. Without an entertaining and challenging sporting contest at the sharp end, audiences will keep declining.

George Russell in the Mercedes achieved F1's highest audience ratings of 2020.

That is not a coincidence.

greg328, 375+ and jpalmito like this.
  24. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    The fact that it was one race after Grosjean's huge crash (and at the same circuit albeit a different layout) probably had something to do with it as well. While I think it is distainful, there has always been a section of the motorsport audience that is attracted to the crashes and potential mortality.

ricksb likes this.
  25. No, it certainly is not.

But said audience didn't join mid-race because they heard Russell was leading....it was already there for the suspense of how he would do.

SimCity3 and william like this.