458 - Lowering ferrari 458 on novitec springs and adding spacers | FerrariChat

458 Lowering ferrari 458 on novitec springs and adding spacers

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Tarek307, Dec 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Making new thread regarding lowering / I previously lowered it a few weeks ago and it was way too low, you can see here
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/458-lowered-on-novitec-springs-w-spacers.632673/

Ok guys, ended up getting the 458 italia (with front lift option) raised up as it ended up being way too low once springs settled after i initial lowering couple of weeks ago , they raised it up a 1/2 inch from where it was lowered to, and now i think looks & feels just right...not too low, still has the sleek look yet practical *with caution of course . Front 1 finger gap, rear about 1and a half finger gap.

The car also has 11mm/15mm spacers with steel extended bolts (purchased from Ricambi) all on stock wheels, no rubbing no issues (even when it was super low there was no rubbing w the spacers)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

RyRyJordan23, ShadowLAP and Baitschev like this.
  2. 997_T_u_r_b_o

997_T_u_r_b_o Rookie

Nov 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Looks great! You mind sharing what facility did the work?

3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Ferrari of San Diego, its an hour and a half away from me but excellent dealer worth going to (i went there initially to get my trans sensors fixed) Dale Gagner the service writer there is top notch.

4. jem890

jem890 Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Great look!
    Did you notice any change in the behavior of the car? uncomfortable understeer?

wthensler likes this.
  5. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Tarek, awesome! Very nice! I plan to follow suit exactly, including the lift option as I trailer my car.

Do you mind sharing the suppliers of spacers, bolts and lift kit/springs? I have some great shops here in FL.......

What did you decide height wise (I was told Novitec is adjustable upwards from 30mm)?

P.S. I saw a 458 coupe with 21” and 20” CF rims and wheels lowered like yours. Looked superb but I was advised best to keep all 20”.......

6. 997_T_u_r_b_o

997_T_u_r_b_o Rookie

Nov 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Thanks Tarek! They did a superb job.

I'm in the same boat. Love the way 21/22 looks on the 458, however, I was also advised against it. Confusing thing is that I see a lot of cars on this forum set up with 21/22 and do not see many topics warning against it. So I'm still considering until I have more facts on why it's a bad idea.

7. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

i bought the spacers and extended bolts from Ricambi , great source..the springs i bought through a member here that had a brand new set they never installed. I don't care for 20/21 set up, i think the car looks fantastic with the stock 20' wheels.

car drives and feels great, nice and firm - it didn't feel good when it was "super low" now feels just rite

jem890 and wthensler like this.
  8. r6elmo

r6elmo Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    OP - thanks for reporting in on your findings. I have the novitec setup but no front axle lift. I went with the car lowered 1' from stock before and then did another 0.5" with the novitec. What bugs the heck out of me is I can't get what the spring rates are for OEM or Novitec.

My findings are that the car is way way more compliant and comfortable even in race mode now (novitec) than it was previously in sport mode. Lowering before on the OEM setup wasn't great since you remove way too much preload. I drive aggressively in our mountains and it was night and day in a positive angle.

Note I run 275 in front and 325 in the rear. I'm getting rubbing in the front, which likely would go away if I'm wearing OEM Sized tires.

Tarek307 likes this.
  9. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    so post a pic of your car, lets see how its lowered, that would help