Pista Spider Market | FerrariChat

Pista Spider Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by njcycleguy, Dec 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    In the market for a Pista spider here in the USA. I see various US dealers advertising cars anywhere from $50k - $100k over MSRP - the latter of which seems irrational. I hate the "over MSRP" game and I've never played it before, but my itch for a Pista Spider is overruling rationale thought - especially since I traded my Pista coupe back to my dealer a few months ago. For those of you who are active in the market here in the US, curious as to what are you seeing?

2. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Unlike the coupe,the spider prides on supply and demand. With three dealers (West Palm Beach to Miami) the least costly one was a poorly spec ed Spyder asking 550 thousand. The Collection has one for 680 thousand.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    There’s one (aluminio opaco)on eBay with 40k over msrp .

4. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Anyone with any purchasing/trading/consigning experience weigh in?

5. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Respectfully, I don’t understand the concept of the Pista Spider. It will be a compromised car compared to the coupe.

LARRYH and Giallo27 like this.
  6. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    I guess it depends on how you look at it, I see the Pista Spider as a sportier version of the GTB Spider, not a compromised version of the Pista coupe.

wthensler and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think you can look at the Pista, Speciale, Scud, as street cars that are setup to be a little more fun and engaging on the track. As such, the open versions, may be a little compromised but also offer you an added dimension.

wthensler likes this.
  8. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    Is it no longer possible to edit your own comments? I can't seem to do that anyway so I'd just like to go on record and say that I do actually know there's no such thing as a GTB Spider, despite what my previous comments may say.. :)

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The Pista is not a race car so don't worry about the compromise.

dustman likes this.
  10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You can only edit for a period of time after your post, then that window closes.

Zlaatan likes this.
  11. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    specs its what making the pista spider worth more or less. If i were in the market, i would def pay 100k-150k more than for the specs that i want. If specs arent what you care, then get the vanila. It's always cheaper to get and easier to move.

12. Chasing Ferrari

Dec 18, 2016
    I told my kids this is a race car!

13. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    just remember the Pista spider is not a numbered car or even limited edition production is limited by time only .. so get what you want but this is different then the Speciale or the 16M as far as limited goes.. I am not in the market for one as I am happy with my Pista coupe but if you are be sure to get one that you like and I would have a hard time paying much over list but I guess 50K over maybe worth it if it gets you what you want...
    I know when I bought my Pista the dealers were all asking 50 or more over list but they were in reality selling for list or less.
    just my 2 cents...carry on...

Gh21631 likes this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    So did I until they saw my Challenge car. :)

LARRYH likes this.
  15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    The 765LT spider is a lot closer, but still neither are race cars.