Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 50 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Pretty obvious KTU has won the argument. Bas sounds more upset with every post.

ktu and william like this.
  2. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Exactly.
    Audiences need suspense, competition and unpredictability at the sharp end.

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The debate fades when irrational belief takes power.
    I don’t even know why Bas is trying to argue with supporters of what is like a religion..

4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    That's rich coming from the Tifosi.

lorenzobandini and jpalmito like this.
  5. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Bingo.

6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    This one is for you.
    Nevertheless there cannot be several idols.
    I choose this last word cautiously not to fall under the influence of censorship.

7. Sure there can.

Every person chooses their own.....difference being, some can respect others' choices, and some cannot.....

We each decide which of those we wish to be. ;)

cairns likes this.
  8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Which side are you on?;)

9. If you really have to ask, you've lost some of mine for you.

Point me to any post of mine where I've knocked anyone's choice of favourite and I'll restore it.

10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    My message is not aimed at you in particular. More generally it referred to our subjectivities and their imperfections. You don’t have to bring in the good guys against the bad guys.;)

11. Then there's a great spec open wheel series already in existence for you. It's called IndyCar.

Lowering the bar in F1 for a better "show" is exactly the opposite of the pinnacles intentions. The display of the best drivers and constructors. (Thus the two championships.)

kraftwerk, ricksb, william and 2 others like this.
  12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think the aero effects of the cars would make it impossible for even Senna to win in a car 4 secs slower with the current formula (otherwise, Max would nail VB to the wall...so would Charles). It's fair to say that in this era, if you get the formula right you have a distinct advantage. While I feel LH is at the zenith of his career and is the best of his generation, the Merc has been a clear advantage over the past 7 seasons.

13. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It's like listening to a worn out crappy record stuck on repeat, it makes no odds how you slice and dice it, he is a fantastic racer, he has

made wise choices, no one is denying that the Merc is a great car, so dismissing his achievements simply because you don't like him is a pure

waste of bandwidth, ask his trophy cabinet, get over it.

cairns, m5shiv, subirg and 3 others like this.
  14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Both can be true...best driver and car. Stats from before the pairing would support his abilities as a driver (though I think he is far superior now to how he drove while at McLaren)

paulchua, cairns and ktu like this.
  15. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

#1240 SimCity3, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020

Spectacle and pinnacle don't need to be mutually exclusive.

Having rules that encourage development and competition is a bedrock of sport.

Is F1 no longer a sport ?

Hocakes and sammysaber like this.
  16. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    The Indianapolis 500 almost always lives up to it's billing as the greatest spectacle in racing. Only occasionally does an F1 race live up to it's "pinnacle" billing.

But that's fine. As far as I'm concerned I can enjoy them both without lame denigration of one of them.

greg328 and william like this.
  17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Amazing that's your conclusion from a factual argument. Equally amazing that you think you can somehow read someones emotional state by reading lines on a car forum.

Whatever makes you happy!:)

SWB, sammysaber and jpalmito like this.
  18. Agreed. I watch/follow F1 for it's basis and IndyCar for the show.

A voice of reason. You are however under the assumption that the "pinnacle" includes putting on a "great" (close) show.
    The pinnacle is the reference to being the highest form of auto racing; the quickest cars on the planet. (Although I have to admit, the few years of the original nearly "rule-less" CanAm trumped F1)
    Where drivers aspire to be because the cars have always been the newest and highest tech of all racing.
    Every race it achieves that goal.

As I have said many times, the watering down of the regulations for "parity" to improve the "show" also dilutes the intent.

Lowering the bar is not the answer to Mercedes' domination. Working harder to achieve it's level is.....'what the venue of F1 has always meant to encourage.
    Continuouas changing of the rules to improve the "show" is the dismantling of the pinnacle of auto racing, Formula One

Off topic again....'nothing to do with the Intellectual discussion of the "idiot", Lewis Hamilton. I only wish my racing efforts made me such an idiot.

ktu and william like this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

No one is dismissing his achievements...at least not me...however it’s good to put them in perspective for the youngsters thinking stats are everything;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    100% right again. F1 shouldn't be seen as a "show", but an engineering contest.

I also share with you memories of the CanAm years. We will never see anything like it, and the youngsters don't know what they missed !

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    [​IMG]

Louise da greatissssssst

22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lol that looks like a current Ferrari fan

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    kes7u, stavura, Igor Ound and 3 others like this.
  24. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The "race" in F1 takes place back at the factory, then every couple of weeks they get together to see who is making forward progress faster.

Jack-the-lad and william like this.
  25. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Imagine starting out with 500 HP 1900 pound sports cars and ending up 5 years later with 900 HP in 1600 pound cars!

greg328, william and lorenzobandini like this.