Wow, game changer for the Stock radio with OEM iPod adapter | FerrariChat

Wow, game changer for the Stock radio with OEM iPod adapter

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, Dec 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    So I bought a Bovee 1000 bluetooth adapter from amazon so I don't have to plugin my iPhone to an extension cable I have in the glovebox. Best $80 I have spent so far on the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T2EVKSG

I can browser playlists, scroll though my music and everything all over bluetooth. My factory Cayenne stereo doesn't even let me do that over bluetooth.

This is awesome. The only downside, and I checked with Becker on this, is that the connector is powered on all the time so I wouldn't leave it plugged in for a few days if the car isn't on the trickle charger.

Cheers,
    Corey

PBT58, DiabloTerr and rennspeed like this.
  2. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Correction, it does shut off after a delay when you lock the cars doors... Awesome !!!!

3. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

hmmmm....so you just plug this thing into your old school ipod cable dongle that is hooked up to the becker unit? That is pretty awesome. I tried to connect my phone by using an iphone 16-pin to lightening connector, and my head unit could not locate/recognize my phone. Maybe this is my solution. Thanks for the tip!

4. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    There is also the ~$16 solution of the Bluetooth 5.0 steaming dongle to plug into the rear mini-ISO connectors. Works well.

brogenville likes this.
  5. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Corey I've been using the Bovee 1000 for over two years it works flawlessly and your correct its a game changer if you want to keep your factory becker.

6. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Can I play Pandora Radio through my phone, through the Bovee? I don’t have music downloaded on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Yes. I tried Tidal and it worked so Pandora should also work. I generally switch between Tidal, Spotify and Apple Music depending on who is in my car. Yes I know I pay for 3 different music services but Tidal has MQA quality sound, Spotify has good parental controls to limit explicit content and Apple Music came as part of a bundle I recently subscribed to.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. 66ss427

66ss427 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2017
    N. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Hi All, I’ve never had my original radio out, but it’s time for me to give it a go. It’s a 2005 F430. Two things I’d like to accomplish. iPhone SE charging and music from the phone. I looked up and read lots about this and it sounds like there are intermittent connection issues with certain products, but maybe that’s an old problem ??
    Any thoughts would be much appreciated !!!
    Dominic

9. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
  10. 66ss427

66ss427 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2017
    N. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Excellent !!!!!
    I just looked it up and I’ll have to get my specifics before ordering. I do have a cd changers and they have units that will work with it. Awesome.
    THANK YOU
    Dominic