F8 - Deposit Made - Advice needed | FerrariChat

F8 Deposit Made - Advice needed

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Steveinfl, Dec 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Hilton Head SC and Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
    Over the last 25 years or so, I've had 5 Ferraris (328 GTS, 355 spider, 430 Spider, 458 Spider, 488 GTB). I've never bought a new one. BTW - I missed the 360 and am always tempted to circle back! :) I love that car.

However - with the F8 being the last of the V8/Mid engines (I guess?) - I decided to put a deposit down for an F8 Spider (Ferrari of Atlanta) and enjoy the process of spec'ing the car, watching it be built, waiting etc! Of course - it's not a terrible wait as I can enjoy my 488 in the meantime (first world problems for sure)

So - with the deposit made, I'm agonizing over colors...and I'm sure that will go on until the summer or so when the allocation is made. ALL my previous cars have been Rosso Corsa with either tan or black interior. Not terribly creative. I suck at those kinds of design type decisions. Right now, I'm leaning heavily towards duplicating the 488 spider spec car (Blu Corsa with black interior) OR the F8 Spider spec of Yellow/Black...but, we'll see if I can actually pull the trigger on something other than Red!

Anyway - Obviously, color choices are super subjective and it's hard to get advice on those, BUT - I'm very interested in advice re:

Options that shouldn't be missed
    Any and all suggestions re: this whole build/wait process - it's all new to me

Thanks so much in advance.

2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I ordered my F8 last November 2019 and took delivery October 15th 2020. I spec’d my car and it was also my first new Ferrari. I did RC over Black interior and have had a Red F355 spider and Red 458 spider. I just couldn’t get myself to order another color. However these triple layer yellows look fantastic so maybe worth trying? I love the JBL upgraded stereo, front lift, carbon engine bay but only for the coupe. A couple things my dealer suggested that I love is the flag on the top of the steering wheel and the flag colors on the buttons.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

mdrums, Steveinfl and Dicecal like this.
  3. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    #4 wthensler, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    As the owner of a heavily optioned 458, I’m looking at the F8 Spider and am having to cull some of the options I now consider unnecessary.

This is the window sticker from the demo I drove last weekend up in Jekyll Island. I will go with most of these options, most likely adding a few more here and there. So I know the devil in front of me, lol!

As for color, I really like the Rosso Scuderi - it pops a bit more with its orange tone (but not overdone), and I’ve never had a red car.

Silver or Grigio are in play, and I’m seeing some awesome yellows showing up in pics, which I wouldn’t have previously considered, but I’m a ways away from that decision.

Steveinfl likes this.
  4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #5 Dicecal, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    I was temped by Blu Abu Dhabi, and Grigio Titanio. Since I was coming from a RC/tan car, I got creative and went with RC/Cuoio....

That being said if you are gonna deviate from RC, I’d definitely go with a metallic color..

Steveinfl likes this.
  5. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I ordered Rosso Scuderia and have chosen that color since the 458 and 488. It is also my 812 choice. Black interior with rosso center door panel, leather behind the seat and roof, upgraded stereo, shields, standard rims but have ordered the Pista and will switch out and added titanium bolts. Racing Daytona with rosso stripes, carbon dash and center bridge, drivers zone with LED. An option that I ordered on my 812 was the bonnet upper insert in matt black and I very much like it. Rosso Scuderia brake calipers and yellow were a must for me. Homelink is very improved and was ordered. I may have missed a few options. Good luck with your journey!

mdrums, GT2goneF and Steveinfl like this.
  6. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Grigio Silverstone is my personal favorite. CDF is also very elegant.

My 488 GTB was black on black and I liked it very much. It also re-sold for absolute top dollar when I got rid of it - and there were 3 other red 488's on the show room floor at the time.

Ray

DetroitF8, Napoli, Mighty Joe and 2 others like this.
  7. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
    Great stuff everyone - truly appreciate it all. Soaking it all up.

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You can do a matte color as a 37k option. It’s bonkers good looking but pricey!

9. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    once you go black, you never look back.... ;-)

10. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    that said, while my f430 is nero, I am 100% going GS for my next car!

11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Not much different than the 3/4 layer. 32k. I believe that any 3/4 layer paint is a good choice.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the overall favorite. Bianco Fuji.

OP, if you want yellow and you don't mind paying a 32k premium, 3 layer Giallo Triplo Strato is the color to choose. With that said, it seems it will be a very commonly found color as many have selected it and have posted the, here

There was one post about a special silver color that was absolutely gorgeous and special. He even posted a video. Many of us didn't even know it existed. I can't remember the poster. But it was quite impressive.

Steveinfl likes this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Something I would suggest. If you end up doing a red car, consider Rosso TRS. It is very "Ferrari red", and some might confuse the shade with Rosso Corsa. But that is where the similarities ends. It a very lively three layer oaint that properly shows off all the lines and beautiful curves of the F8 Spider. On these cars some surfaces get really flat with RC, and the colour gets a bit milky. With TRS you won't lose anything and still have a "red" Ferrari.

Exterior CF is entirely up to you. But remember that you can also have it painted in dark grey, satin black. Gloss black etc. A good middle ground between the plastic.and CF.

Get the CF drivers zone, and get them to install Pista CF paddles. They are much better to use.

Get parking cams and sensors.
    Get hifi w. Carplay.

Get AFS.

Make sure you spec leather on the rear wall/shelf. Looks terrible in fabric.

Consider CF seats. You sit very high in normal seats, so they don't fit the Spider well - and the suspension is very compliant, so still super comfy.

Unless you track, don't waste your money on Cup 2 shoes. They only offer more grip when properly hot, so rarely a benefit on the street. Unless you can get them above 55, forget it.

If you don't care for interior CF but not the tinted alu either, ask for alternatives. You can get all sorts of things. You could get a beautiful satin black, gloss black, greys etc. This you can also get for the drivers zone.

I like the electrochromatic mirrors too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
    OUTSTANDING info and the kind of thing I was looking for...thank you!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Very good advice. I didn't know I could have the interior parts I didn't like, have them painted in other colors. I would had selected painting instead of CF. However, I am happy with my selection of some elements in Matt CF. I also selected the rear shelf in leather EC mirror and the HIFI JBL, parking sensors and AFS. I have no external CF and I did not care for Apple CarPlay.

Steveinfl and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  15. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The rear parking camera is required in the US and standard equipment. Although the optional surround camera is certainly nice to have, it’s integrated very poorly in the car. Take a look at cars with it before you order, ugly warts hanging from the side view mirrors and eyeball in the front bumper.

GT2goneF and Steveinfl like this.
  16. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    #17 gowthamn, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    Some nice suggestions here. What do you think of this interior to go with Red exterior. Does it suit an F8? I haven't finalized the spec yet. Just made the deposit.

PB033 and GT2goneF like this.
  17. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My personal opinion is that interior is not going to date well. It will get dirty and it will get beat up and the color combo might be fine on a car that’s driven rarely but if you are regularly driving the car I’d go with something more subdued.

Cigarzman, Art138, Coincid and 5 others like this.
  18. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I like it but as Socal mentioned it will be hard to keep clean.

19. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My 488 is Rosso Corsa and I love it. My first 3 F-cars were Black and/or Grigio Silverstone. But, one of the colors I think would look absolutely killer on the F8 would be TDF Blue with Cuoio &Blk Interior. Yellow Calipers and some select CF bits.... Oh the choices!!!!???
    Good Luck, but its a choice you really can't get wrong!!!!!! Good Problems!!!

20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yeah, the 360 option is hideous, i.e why I just suggested the normal front and rear. Alternatively just get the rear and normal parking sensors. I have not specced my F8 yet, but will definitely not do the 360 cam option. I have it on my GTS, but there it is integrated much better.

21. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have a similar color interior in my E63s AMG..and have had it in other luxury cars but truthfully I would not put it in a F8 or other mid engine car.. ..but its your car and not real hard to keep clean just don't wear jeans alot...

GT2goneF and gowthamn like this.
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It is a beautiful combination. Astounding in person. However, have to use white silk, fine linen or cotton clothes, particularly pants. You can't wear jeans with that color, it will stain easier and be more visible than other darker colors.

I would suggest the door handles in CF or have it painted as a personal off book option in black. It sticks out too much and it doesn't seem to go with the colors well.

gowthamn likes this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I love my white interiors on my GLE 63S, but they are painful to maintain.

IloveGT and LARRYH like this.
  24. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    grigio titanio is an amazing color with subtle blue hue.

GT2goneF likes this.