F8 Spyder Spider | FerrariChat

F8 Spyder Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by snl51200, Dec 20, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snl51200

snl51200 Rookie

Jul 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sean Mulderig
    Ordered my first Ferrari, let the 18 month wait begin! There is one spec that I was not sure of, standard vs racing seats. This car will be a weekend car, more "spirited drives" than taking it to the track. However, I like the look of the racing seats. I have read many reviews that say the racing seats are every bit as comfortable as the standard seats. Any input?

2. Infant

Infant Karting

Dec 23, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    René
    Definitely go for the racing seats, IMHO. Wouldn’t want an F8 with “comfort” seats.

The racing seats are indeed comfortable enough, look a lot better and will help in resale value as well.

3. JB1997

JB1997 Karting

Mar 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Brainard
    Had standard seats on my 488 Spider, and racing seats on every car since. Definitely go with racing seats. Look amazing and are very comfortable. Nothing like Lambo carbon buckets. Comfort is similar to Porsche racing seats which I find very comfortable as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Racing 100%

5. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    Serious question, how large are you?
    I’m not trying to be an *******, i think it matters. I’m 5’8, 160 and the racing seats are sublime and arguably more confortable to ME at least than the regular seats. They grip you so well so if you’re really looking at this as a weekend hooning car that might be the right choice. Plus as you said they look ****ing cool.

My friend is 5’10, 225 pounds and did not fit well in the seats

2014 458 Spider (sold)
    2020 Huracan Evo Spyder (sold)
    2018 488 Spider

6. JB1997

JB1997 Karting

Mar 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Brainard
    This is a good question as well. I’m 6’5” 260lbs (relatively muscular), and I know if I were much bigger I’d have no chance of fitting in them.

7. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I’m 5’-11”, 195 and drove an F8 spider last week with racing seats. I’m sold 100%. Perfect contour for my body size and shape.

My 458 with Daytona’s doesn’t have the support I crave during spirited driving.

8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Definitely the race seats. Had them in my 458 & 488 Spiders, and ordered them in an upcoming F8 Spider.
    If it were a Roma, then you’d probably want the ‘comfort’ seats.
    An F8 Spider, I’d go for the race seats.

wthensler likes this.
  9. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No brainer- racing seats.

Mike

10. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    At 6'5", do you have any other choice? Racing seats are the only reason my head isn't on the ceiling.

One other note, my local dealer charges me $200 to raise the seat for my wife to drive the car and $200 to lower it back for me. Racing seats aren't ideal for two very different sized drivers.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Or you could just get the race seat lifter option at $2,531.

Whatupdoc and RoadRonin like this.
  12. JB1997

JB1997 Karting

Mar 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Brainard
    Head room is no problem for me, I have long legs. Only cars I can’t fit in with the roof on are convertible Lambos. McLaren 570S is a tight fit but I had one and made it work.

13. snl51200

snl51200 Rookie

Jul 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sean Mulderig
    Appreciate all the feedback. I’ll be switching to racing seats!!

14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I initially had my car with racing seats. I love their looks. However, when I tried them, although ergonomically comfortable, they have very little padding and anticipated would not be comfortable for long spirited/aggressive drives. I have been assured that it isn't the case. Because of my objective feeling, I switched to Daytona fully electric seats. I am kind of regretting the choice. But there is nothing I can do. I am expecting delivery some time soon. If/when I get another Ferrari. I will get racing seats, I think.

Cigarzman and Drson like this.
  15. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#15 Cigarzman, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Not to worry you’re in good company, I ordered the same seats as you. I didn’t find the racing seats comfortable at all. I did order the alcantara inserts so I don’t slide around in the seat. Best , Kirk.

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    There are pros and cons for the different seat choices. Nice that Ferrari gives owners these personalization options.
    Definitely try out the various seating choices at your dealer.

(heated seats can be useful when driving with the top down on cooler days.)

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I did, that is why I ended up with the fully electric.