Oddball 550 1998 Ser # 110675 | FerrariChat

Oddball 550 1998 Ser # 110675

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ferrari55whoa, Dec 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This weekend I've been scouring the internet and adding to my spreadsheet.

I found this very odd 1998 550....looks like it was traded in at Audi of Lexington back in May of this year.

https://www.audioflexington.com/used/Ferrari/1998-Ferrari-F550+Maranello-Lexington+KY+-058398690a0e0ae77514c14f35f7ec6e.htm

I didn't know if anyone knew this car?

I'm not sure I've seen one with this set of options. Odd interior color combo, daytonas, plus carbon plus alcantara plus LOTS of quilted leather....AND...a dedication plate for what I'm guessing is the American Italian Cancer Foundation of NY.

I'm sure ALL the maintenance is deferred by the looks of those tires.

Just found it odd, wanted to share and see if anyone knew this one.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I could live with it if you recovered the steering wheel in black leather. Nice option set; carbon fiber is exceedingly rare on the 550 and that shift knob was $1500 last time I checked quite a while ago.

3. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Or the company car of the Chief Development Officer of the America-Israel Cultural Foundation. This person must have been so pissed that they traded his beloved 550 for an Audi that he resigned.
    https://aicf.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/AICF-PROSPECTUS.pdf

4. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #4 VGM911, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    AICF = American Indian College Fund? All India Chess Federation? American Italian Cancer Foundation?

tantumaude likes this.
  5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    A great example of the fact that money and good taste does not neccesarily need to go well together.

NMNMNMN likes this.
  6. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I called and talked with a sales man. He is going to let me know if they have more than just the one black fob.

Allegedly zero documentation on the car which seems odd and he thought the cam belts were original....which would also be shocking if true.

With all that being said, I wonder what the absolute low end of wholesale is for a 550 right now?

7. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    Is it common to have only carbon door trim, but not the center console or dash/second cluster?

8. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I think @tazandjan point/comment is perhaps carbon is so rare on a car of that model year that maybe that was it or it was maybe even "all special per piece"?

9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    No, the center console and instrument panel are CF with the full CF option. He may have done what I did on my 575M and picked up the CF pieces separately. Just missing one door panel now.

niftyfivefifty likes this.
  10. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
  11. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    F456M likes this.
  12. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #12 Ferrari55whoa, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    I saw that one last night as well. @ferraridriver would appreciate that Grigio Ingrid!

If I recall from all my reading on old threads I think @darth550 also used to have a Grigio Ingrid. I thought I recalled that there were only 5 in 2000 imported (9 Grigio Ingrid globally in 2000)....from Nathans book registry?

13. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Understated elegance is what I call it;)

Like mine it has quilted shelf and shields. Can't tell about the headliner, mine is quilted, nor if it has the full carbon package like mine. I notice in the description it has black piping as does mine although my interior color is Sabbia,

Wish they had put up more pictures.

14. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @ferraridriver Dave, for what it's worth, the registry only shows shields and tubi's so the registry wasn't complete for this specific car. Your's might be the most fully factory optioned Grigio Ingrid in any model year.

15. bracketz

bracketz Karting

Jul 19, 2019
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Michael
    A simple google search of the VIN yields a previous Copart auction and a Mass rebuilt title. Like you, Eric, I have thoroughly reviewed each one of these for sale for what can be only be considered as quite a while. And I agree with your observations re both the private and the current internet auction sectors of the market. It's a little bit of the tail wagging the dog.

16. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @bracketz Michael, if I can help with your search, I'm always interested in helping....if you are looking for something specific. A few guys here have been really helpful kicking ideas my way via DM/Conversations (you guys know who you are)! :cool:

I love the hunt.....thus the covid era BaT pricing thread I created.

I think I know the specific 550 I want (also NorCal local to me which is convenient). The owner is not in a hurry to sell and I love the hunt and am also not in a hurry so in the meantime I'm enjoying the search and all the digging and learning.

There is one specific 575 I also reached out to a guy recently on and haven't heard back as I am still also considering doing a F1 to 6MT conversion if I found a very well optioned car at a reasonable price.

p.s regarding that co-part Massachusetts salvage situation. Isn't that depressing about CarFax and the omission. Goes to show how important the PPI process is (and how amazing all that huge money flying around at BaT is in that those buyers just ignore so much basic stuff).

17. bracketz

bracketz Karting

Jul 19, 2019
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Michael
    It's legitimately disturbing. I have a car in PPI at this moment for that among many reasons. Hope I didn't just jinx it!

18. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Awesome, good luck and when it clears and the deal is done, let us know. @climbernyc just semi-recently took down a fantastic Blue Pozzi. He was birddogging as hard or harder than I have been.

19. climbernyc

climbernyc Karting

Aug 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yes. Saw the KY Audi dealer one on my search. Apparently the boss owned it but no records and unrealistic price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. climbernyc

climbernyc Karting

Aug 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I was close on the GT Auto Lounge Titanio car-was about to go for a PPI - great maintenance and strong owners but the Pozzi was much more unjque ...found it by accident when googling the VIN for the other car...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F456M likes this.
  21. Crocodon

Crocodon Karting

May 12, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I think we’ve discussed this one before: https://www.foskers.com/showroom/1997-ferrari-550-maranello/9

It’s almost appropriate for this time of the year. Looks like Santa’s sleigh inside.

Attached Files:

22. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Nothing wrong with green or red, it is just that they don’t go together! That is at least my opinion. Even if that does not neccesarily mean I have a better taste than others.

23. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @climbernyc agreed. I've seen so many grigio titanio cars I'm turned off by them. Rosso Corsa makes sense from an eventual resale perspective but I'm an extremely long hold kind of guy (I rarely sell anything).....I have always loved TdF but your Pozzi is equally as attractive if not more. If the right deal came along for a car with the "wrong" color I suppose a wrap could always be done.

That carspotting thread I posted that Blanco at Laguna Seca this year I personally thought was gorgeous. My wife was getting a little annoyed with my search and "reporting in" to her this weekend and I think the last straw for her was when I told her she better hope I don't find a well optioned white one! ;-)

24. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
  25. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I don't find that offensive at all! ;-)

Regarding my last comment on Bianco.....I just scanned Nathan's registry real quick and I guess if was looking for a Bianco 575 that search might take forever as I think a 575 in Bianco was never delivered to the US (only 550's).

There were only SEVEN documented 550 ever delivered in Bianco (plus one Barchetta)...only 2 delivered to the US: Nathan's book/registry did not list the Bianco that is in Russia.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/car-spotting-550-in-bianco.629849/#post-147480278