F12 Engine and Gearbox Problem?? | FerrariChat

F12 Engine and Gearbox Problem??

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by roysing, Dec 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roysing

roysing Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    I have a problem with my f12. When I stepped on the pedal i will have a "bump"feeling of the engine and gearbox (when the car was cold, it didn't feel this way). I'm not sure it is engine , gearbox or othe parts problem. And the moment when the key turn to off it also has same feeling . I think it is the same problem. Someone tell me maybe engine mount and transmission mount but i'm not sure....pls give me some idea.

2. roysing

roysing Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    no one know??

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ferrari engine and transaxle mounts are junk. Easy to tell if you have a bad engine mount. Put her in 1st gear with the engine running and someone holding the brakes really hard. Slight revving of the engine should make the engine move upwards if there is a bad mount. Bad enough, the engine can contact the hood/bonnet on some models.

4. omulec

omulec Rookie

Nov 26, 2008
    Difficult to judge without touching the beauty.

In two modern Ferrari transaxles I replaced the dual mass flyweel, mounted between engine and driveshaft. But this is easy to find driving in a trafic (clutch on 1st makes the common shaking).

From the other hand, some engine and gearbox mounts replaced as well. If you feel that stopped, without a gear, just with the gas pedal or switching off, I would bet on one of the mounts.