308 fiberglass discovered | FerrariChat

308 fiberglass discovered

Discussion in '308/328' started by vetroresina, Dec 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vetroresina

vetroresina Karting

Dec 20, 2005
    Netherlands & Germany
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    #1 vetroresina, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Can you imagine a glance by chance of this car after the past roaring years, in wich no such Ferrari stayed unnoticed? In a barn in a small country village in germany. It is stored and tucked away for decades.
    Still in first factory paint, this EU version is just one of those very occassional barnfinds of this type you will meet. I'm into Fiberglass 308's for more than 20 years and new nothing of the existance of this car. Neither other addepts in the 308 scene did.
    Do'nt feel confused by the parts on the dust cover. They do not belong to the car, They were recently placed there for making space for pushing out a very old VW.

Just for sharing, enjoy!
    Best

Attached Files:

2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Very cool story thank you for sharing.

Is the car for sale, has it been sold, or is the owner not at all interested in parting with it?

3. vetroresina

vetroresina Karting

Dec 20, 2005
    Netherlands & Germany
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    Tnx, no it is not for sale

4. vetroresina

vetroresina Karting

Dec 20, 2005
    Netherlands & Germany
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    The car is stored without intention to sale. I will keep you informed when the opportunity occurs.

5. timr

timr Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2006
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Pretty cool.

So the real question is, how many are unaccounted for, how many on the road still and how many have gone to the great junkyard in the sky?

I always wondered if we could account for all the 308’s and quantify the ones that don’t exist anymore or at least aren’t “accounted for” in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    What a teaser! Come on man at least throw a chassis# out there.;)

bertrand328 likes this.
  7. vetroresina

vetroresina Karting

Dec 20, 2005
    Netherlands & Germany
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    I know, had it comming. Being a veteran like you are, it is the question that needs to be answered ;)
    Will keep you informed, promise.

8. vetroresina

vetroresina Karting

Dec 20, 2005
    Netherlands & Germany
    Full Name:
    Marcel

9. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Cars as beautiful as these shouldn't be covered up in a barn. I hope that it finds a new home soon so that it can get back out on the road. and enjoyed as intended.

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Good find!

The early ones are best...I had #20405 ....1976

11. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That's the best model. Fiberglass body, one distributor, I assume it's a dry sump, euro directionals, euro bumpers, single tailpipe.

12. vetroresina

vetroresina Karting

Dec 20, 2005
    Netherlands & Germany
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    I'm aware of the fact that taste is a personal thing but this goes for me too. I have driven my '76 with nr. 20051 for many years. Departed from it for reasons that seem obsolete now. Have to admit that my decision, to sell it, was a mistake and I still regret. But i've made many mistakes and learning by trial and error seems to be part of life. It would be nice, though, to got an opportunity to obtain one again that fits me like it once did.

Nuvolari and timr like this.