Asseto fiorano pack | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Asseto fiorano pack

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Kabbs, Nov 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I think the issue is the dampers and suspension design don’t accommodate it.

2. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

4. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Looks fantastic, I’ve doubted my decision to stripe delete but this eased all my concerns!

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Beautiful, congratulations! Enjoy in excellent health!

elmadi likes this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Grey rotors wheels are very nice with this combo ! congrats.

7. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Which wheel colour did you choose?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    No shields.. it looks like a spaceship! Grigio Ferro, I am getting that on my Roma!

elmadi, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Congrats it looks amazing, curious to know can you get the AF package with a completely painted rear deck rather than the carbon?

10. giago

giago Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Giago
    What does the AF extended includes? Any carbon options?

11. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    Fantastic spec, very elegant, congratulations

Thank you for showing everyone here how much better the car is without the shields

DoctorV8 likes this.
  12. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #37 greyboxer, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Try reading this thread - I may have misunderstood but it seems to have already been answered as far as I can see about 15-20 posts ago

elmadi likes this.
  13. giago

giago Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Giago
    Thanks, but unfortunately they only spoke about AF not the extended one.

14. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    You don’t lose out on any Carbon features if you don’t choose the extended option FIO 2. Quote from the documentation I was giving at time of order. “ for the complete Assetto Fiorano configuration, which includes all of the equipment and features described on the following pages, you must select both codes FIO 1 & FIO 2 together. The non extensive version may only be selected on special request and only in certain EU markets and in the UK ( Code FIO 1 only, without code FIO 2). This version does not include some functional features (the audio and anti-theft systems, for example) and does not allow certain others to be selected.” Not sure why you would therefore choose FIO 1 only as FIO 2 is a no cost option and dealers input FIO 1 & FIO 2 together on locked orders, but maybe someone might be able to enlighten us. Maybe for an even lighter track only car??

15. giago

giago Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Giago
    Thank you JJ77.
    That makes sense.

16. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    I had the same issue. the worst part though was when I started thinking 'wait, is this going to be a track car?' after driving challenge cars around, it scares the crap out of me driving the street cars on tracks now.

17. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ya I don't get the whole track car for the street.

Street car for the street

Track car for the track.

Street car for an hpde event I get... But these idiots buying gt3rs for the track... BUY A CUP CAR.

DoctorV8 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Agreed. I look at it more like these cars can bring a taste of the track experience to a street car. But they are not track cars.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

gzachary and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Here's the thing. Some of us live fairly close to a track, and enjoy going there 2-3 times a month, just for the open 3 hour week night fun after a long day. If you want to use a cup car, you need to bring a trailer etc. With a Porsche GT car, a Pista or the like, you load up your helmet, your mate and go. I have attended sessions in 2020 where I did not have to leave the car. In through the gates and on to the track. Run for a few hours then home. A bit unusual, but that's Covid times. There are so many reasons why getting a Cup car or used GT3 is much more complicated. For what it's worth, Porsche delivers a very good and easy track experience with the GT cars. My Ferraris have been virtually bulletproof too. Brakes and tyres are pricey, and I have had a few dings fixed. But that stuff is expensive on a Cup car or GT3 too. I wonder why folks are buying cup cars when a Radical for the Radical series is faster, cheaper and more fun. A Porsche cup car still feels very 911. A Radical SR3 or SR6 is 100% aero prototype racer.

Not trying to start a huge argument here, but calling people idiots for tracking Porsche GT or Ferrari VS V8's is totally uncalled for and extremely condesending. No need to get on a soap box because of a cup car. It's to the 911 what a Challenge is to a V8 Ferrari. And they are still pretty far from a real GT3 or GTE.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    Thanks, but I think we are in the minority here. Most seem to love the shields.

21. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    But trends can be bucked/changed.

The shields were about the racing team.

Ferrari marketers having become the masters of extracting extra coin from their customers, the shields are the best example (plus they can rip you off at three levels, regular, CF and extra large hand painted). Maybe the price for Apple car play is an even better recent example.

If done well, shields can be nice (cars with yellow calipers, yellow center caps and coordination some way to the interior like yellow stitching).

And including them has become this BS thing about resale (yes, I understand that cars with them historically have done better in the resale space).

Beyond the poseur stuff I point to, the cars look so much better without them.

To me, the cars also look much better in colors other than red (ok, maybe the dark metallic reds are still winners).

The paint companies have created incredible smokey grays like your amazing example has (though I do see a Ferrari as a happy car and like the bright colors the most).

elmadi and DoctorV8 like this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    With all due respect, I think calling people posers for wanting shields on their cars incredibly rude and inapropriate. Have you yourself by any chance ordered any of your new Ferraris without shields? If not, I think it is very poor form to classify others as posers because they like a certain styling aspect of their car.

elmadi and perrinnation like this.
  23. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    I agree about the poor form
    Poseur term used intentionally
    I get some support and some pushback and I find that appropriate
    I think the folks that include them on their cars are comfortable with the choice, what’s impoertant is that they enjoy their cars, not what someone on a forum has to say
    The Roma is the first car I can recall where Ferrari actually presented any pre production examples without them, likely because they are bringing some new (non previous Ferrari buyers)
    That wasn’t done randomly, Ferrari has lots of market research (including a private session I did) to hear what what folks in the buyer demographic think about dealer games, bad quality, looney option pricing and BS like the shields

elmadi likes this.
  24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Here is the thing that bothers me. You are on a Ferrari forum with people whom are passionate about Ferrari and the cars. When you call us out as poseurs for choosing shields, that matters, because that is personal. I asked you a question regarding your own experiences purchasing cars with no shields because I don't think you are in a position to criticise others for their choices, when you don't know what it entails. Have you considered how much the lack of shields can affect the value of a car? Unless you have your own money in the pot, it is easy for you to point a finger. And if you haven't even sat down at the configurator and created the Ferrari thst looks right for you, then you don't know how much or how little thought goes into what others think.
    My latest Ferrari order is a green car. Do you know why it is green? Be cause I wanted it green. And like the colour, I wanted the shields. I wanted them because they look nice on the car in my eyes, and because the profile of the car is the first thing I see when I walk up to the car. Things have changed, and those badges is part of what makes it tingle as it is a stark reminder that this is special.

It is so easy to say what's right or wrong when you are not in the game. Put your money where your mouth is or stop calling our choices BS and wrong.

I'm perfectly fine with the fact that you like the clean look. Truth be told, I would not mind my Lusso without. However I do mind the massive devaluation it would cause for a car that already struggles to keep a sensible resale value. It's my winter daily and thus I cannot be sure how long I will keep it. I have the means and can afford the loss, but that's not the same as not caring. I get it, I understand why no shields can be nice. But I also knkw first hand what you lose by not having them - aesthetically, personally and financially.

perrinnation likes this.
  25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #50 Lukeylikey, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    Ferrari’s appeal is much about passion, history and heritage. They evoke the racing heritage and the link between the road cars and the race team. It isn’t ‘BS’ in my opinion. It’s a fundamental part of why Ferrari road cars exist. If you prefer the look without the badge, so be it. Many were built in Enzo’s time like that. But Enzo’s last car, the F40, the forebear of so much of what Ferrari has become (mid engined, V8 Turbo - performance first - focus on performance and excitement based on the technology available) proudly wore the cavalino. I therefore conclude it was with his blessing. The best car he ever built (per his own definition) wore the badge on its wings. No other brand of car can wear it. If you own a Ferrari it is probably in large part because of the passion and racing heritage that went before it. The badge is not BS, whether you like it or not. Stick to your own preference, but when it is something subjective......still better to stick to your own preference.

As for me, I prefer them with the badge.