Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 53 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. My last and most important on this.....even if all your above posts are so, how does it all make Mssr Hamilton an "idiot"??? :)

Excuse me, but i don't get the rationale for calling him an idiot.....unless it's just like "Trump" syndrome......dislike of the person..

I disagree with some of the things he does (for instance his dress, his dragging politics into F1) and would probably not befriend him if given the opportunity. Nonetheless, I don't find him to be an idiot. Just someone I don't share ideas with, like many, many, many other people on the planet. :)

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #1302 Jack-the-lad, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Well, you should ask somebody who called him that because I don’t think I did. But 53 pages into this it may be a little late.;) For the record I don’t think he’s an idiot. I think he’s a bit of a pillock, seems to have a problem with his self image as manifested by his constant shape shifting in terms of his grooming and presentation. Most self aware, grounded, mature men don’t do that.

timjen88, Picchu88, F2003-GA and 2 others like this.
  3. touché!

As you think I implied, I think you did.........
    Ala Roberto Duran (conceding to "Sugar" Ray Leonard),.........."No más!"........ This one's worn out.......":)

4. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    I think Hamilton is awesome.

It is dam hard to be the juggle the pressure, stress, PR, spotlight and still manage to have 100% focus, drive and execution week after week-- especially at a young age. It takes a lot of cool, confidence and hard work, in addition to talent to stay on top. I respect him. In my book he can do whatever he wants-- good for him. His job is to drive and that he does well.

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

My post was directed to lorenzobandinin with whom I was in conversation regarding oval v. road racing.

Nothing to do with a watch company. Frankly I don't care about that. Hamilton could well walk on his head or put his underpants the wrong way , I couldn't care less what he does outside racing..

This forum is becoming the pits, and the Hamilton haters are conscienciously ruining it by bringing silly topics.

6. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    I read somewhere a while back that Volkswagen makes more money of litigation based on patents they own than they do selling Golfs. (Dieselgate probably tipped the balance again :) ). IP in this day and age only exists so the people with the largest legal team can file lawsuits and make money. I personally find it ridiculous, but I think Hamilton's lawsuit probably followed from wanting to trademark 'Hamilton' for their own use, seeing it's not available & litigating the other party. None of which has anything to do with the driver LH of course. But yeah, people round here want to believe right, even when he remarks off the cuff "he'll write a book about it", the haters go on Amazon to see if they can find the pre-order (I kid, I kid!)

7. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    The thread was created just to post a video available on Youtube and I simply copied and pasted its title. The "moderators" removed the link from the first post.

In the past I have been "bullied" in the past in this forum for advocating Hamilton on Ferrari, including posting him in Ferrari overalls multiple times. A lot of members here answered me by saying "Hamilton doesn't have the profile of the Scuderia"... Whatever the fook it means.

8. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    There is no such word as "prolly".

Bas likes this.
  9. mdrums likes this.
  10. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    greg328 likes this.
  11. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I guess it’s a slow news day judging by the drivel on the last few pages of this thread... Has he signed his contract for next year yet?

fer312t, lorenzobandini and william like this.
  12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I remember Rick Mears wrote in a book that he could tune the car to the tires by using driving style.
    So, if the front end was pushing due to insufficient heat, he could drive into the turn harder and warm them up.
    If, on the other hand the car was pushing because the fronts were too hot, he would pitch the car in and drive through heating the rears.

Long fast turns with plenty of runout area allows for this, Magots, Beckets, Chapple do not.

13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Most self aware, grounded, mature men don't really care what they look like.

14. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    What’s your point? Since LH appears to be obsessed with what he looks like, you must be saying he is not self aware, grounded and mature. Or is it that only a self obsessed, ungrounded and immature man would be concerned about the physical presentation he makes to the world?

15. Neither.

Most self aware, grounded, mature men don't really care about the physical presentation of someone else, as you seem to be "obsessed" with..... Image Unavailable, Please Login

Very simple.....ignore it. :)

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Neither do Indianapolis, Michigan and Sanair . . .

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Why can't people just comment on the racing aspect of F1 and put the frivolities and trivia aside ?

paulchua, ktu, kraftwerk and 2 others like this.
  18. It's called hate my dear william, hate. :(

m5shiv, ktu, kraftwerk and 2 others like this.
  19. And this is why getting the setup and stagger (ovals, of course) correct in the first place is easier.....and.....faster than the compensating for the incorrect setup anyway..... :)

20. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It’s the subject of the thread. The thread in which you're participating, by the way.

For the record, caring and commenting are not the same. You just can’t tolerate an opinion that does not conform to your own.

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Lorenzobandini is a bit like me, and a few others, I suspect.
    We would rather use this forum to talk about racing, performances, cars, teams, strategies, engines, contracts, calendar, circuits, and all things related to F1.
    This forum is becoming a platform for fashion critics, life coaching, fake news, virtue signalling, woke, SJW and other polluters.
    This isn't what F1 is about; it's about RACING. Is that too difficult to understand?

greg328 likes this.
  22. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #1322 Jack-the-lad, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    I understand that completely, so why perpetuate the thread by posting to it? I’ve been here a while, now. There must be hundreds...probably thousands...of threads I haven’t posted to simply because I’m not interested. I have no interest in participating just to tell others how wrong they are to do it. If the moderators determine that a thread is inappropriate or in the wrong place, then those are the perimeters that we play within.

There’s an F1 thread within P&R and frankly it’s virtually dormant. So the interest in threads like this one seems to come from the F1 enthusiasts themselves.

As for me, I’m finished in this one. It isn’t worth the effort.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

:D

Happy Boxing Day!

375+ likes this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's not only this thread, unfortunately, it's the whole forum !!

Some people NEVER comment on racing or results, but only post irrelevent trivia.

24. Yes, I participate in the thread. I offer an opinion, like everyone else. Where's the intolerance?

Apparently, you're mistaken. I disagree with LH's ways (and many others) but defend his right to live the way he wishes. So yes, I am tolerant of different opinions and ways and even those that feel the need to call him an idiot. It's very easy to criticize someone that's not here but when challenged, where does your supposed "tolerance" go???

I do care, and so doing, since he apparently does not post here, I comment in Hamilton's defense.

Whilst commenting, I do not spew hate towards anyone, as I see on this board toward LH.

Perhaps it's you that cannot tolerate my differing opinion from yours, no.....???

:)

25. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    My point is that the original sentance is a strawman. Pure and simple. And anyone with a backbone could see that.

Just before the pandemic hit, an old wise man told me
    In my 20s I spent lots of time and energy to look my best at work every day for fear someone whould think I am inadequate.
    In my 30s I tried to develop a style so that people would notice and think about me and my presentation of myself.
    In my 40s I started to wonder why my self-image strategy was not altering what others though of me
    In my 50s I finally realized I was never on anyone elses' mind to begin with.

greg328 and lorenzobandini like this.