What have you done to your Ferrari Today? | Page 108 | FerrariChat

What have you done to your Ferrari Today?

Discussion in '308/328' started by SteveGTB, Feb 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
  2. TommyA

TommyA Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2002
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tommy A
  3. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    Hmmmm Loads of things - Cleaned and sound/heat insulated the floors and doors. adjusted windows, insulated the hood, coated cleaned and polished the exterior. Heat shielded the front and rear hood - tinted the windows with heat expel So that the AC can be used at 1 not MAX

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David

5. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    dinoart likes this.
  6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Same old, same old: high-speed ambulance for the cats. Except I had to break the "lock-down" twice, that is;
    Last Sunday, under the rain, to go to the emergency Sunday vet (40 miles) for the tabby female who had lots of tears running from her right eye; turned out to be conjunctivitis.
    This morning for a new female that came out of nowhere two months ago and took a fancy to my house; she has Eosinophilic granuloma, a kind of skin disease not easy to treat. This time no need for the emergency vet, the usual one...

Rgds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Lac du Saint Sacrement, NY
    Full Name:
    Steven
    My passenger window stopped working ('85QV)from being dormant too many months so I decided to take the, 'I'm gonna rebuild the window regulator challenge' and wow did that suck. Birdman's instructions were very insightful but it still took me 6 hours to get it right. Has anyone replaced the old pulley system with an updated one? Does the 328 window system work any better than the 308?

8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Can't really compare because I don't have enough 308 experience, but, FWIW...I have no complaint against the 328 windows' speed: on both of my cars, this is something I never think about. Perhaps I've grown used to them, who knows? I don't seem to recall that many 328 owners complained about them, either...certainly they could not be qualified as "fast", but they are not "slow"...

Rgds

9. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    Beetleything, Dane, Nino1964 and 3 others like this.
  10. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

15.000 miles in one year in a 308? How cool is that!? :)

Probably the only one in the world right now that is driven that much?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  11. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    We drove it every chance I could, it was really nice March, April, May with very little traffic on the roads. This Summer and fall we took the 308 pretty much everywhere we went - even as daily driver. Best driving year yet..... just saying.

tazz99 and Harry-SZ like this.
  12. Imatk

Imatk Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Just installed new fuse blocks and fixed my passenger mirror... foam was disintegrated so I added new foam and reglued.

Now I'm working on fixing the horn ring that's busted so that the horn doesn't flop and pop out when you use it.

13. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Finally found the problem with my 308 and fixed it.
    Problem: while returning from Cambria, I stopped at a light and my idle rpm went from 1000 to 3000 and then slow down to a stall. Every time I stopped, idle would shoot up to 3000 rpm, rpm drops and engine stalls.
    What I did: I attempted to resynch and set carbs. Same problem. I removed carbs and checked issues, none found. I reinstalled the carbs and looked for plugged or loose Jets. All good. After 3 weeks of looking, it turns out my advance and timing for the fwd distributor was way off.
    The advance weights are stuck and the points were intermittent.
    I replaced with a spare distributor today, set for 7 btdc and it now runs great.
    Spent many hours troubleshooting.
    I also installed new spark plug wires which I constructed with Kingsborne copper core wire and appropriate terminals.It turned out my original wires were open for 6 of the eight. I do not use the radio.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dane, Nino1964 and Aus_yz like this.
  14. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    Make sure the timing matches on both banks. It’s more important they match at 4000rpm than at idle. Or do yourself a big favor and get the Pertronix kit that fits in just one distributor. That way they will always match.

Aaron

15. David Allan Feller

Oct 25, 2020
    Newmarket, UK
    Full Name:
    Dr. David Allan Feller
    Very nice. I just got these and am looking forward to the install

16. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    I had removed my airbox to have it refinished and destroyed an L shaped vacuum fitting in the process. I just got a new 3D printer so I thought I would try printing the fitting (I have been trying to find an original one for a while). Built the data, printed it out and had it installed all in the same day. Kind of fun. I don't know what the temperature properties of the plastic are but I guess I will see how it goes.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ragtop1, Jakuzzi and ATSAaron like this.
  17. jsumnertx

jsumnertx Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Austin
    Had a relative in town who has owned a series of vettes. He had never been in a Ferrari so we went out for a drive and halfway through I pulled over, handed him the keys and told him the only thing he needed to know was where first was. Not only was he excited and achieved a life dream (and made his buddies super jealous) but I got to enjoy having the intake next to my ear for a bit. Now that's a mod we need - reversing the air intake and oil cooler so the driver gets a better listen to the Webers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Knocked a few other items off the list today

Replaced Radiator Foam
    Vacuumed out the 22+ year old disintegrated Heater Core filters - what, they have filters?
    Debugged my power antenna and found it has a bad ground while figuring out that the lucas switch was not the problem. At least I learned you only need to remove two screws in the ash-tray to do it.

miketuason likes this.
  18. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    waymar and Aus_yz like this.
  19. SamN

SamN Rookie

Oct 27, 2015
    modesto califorinia
  20. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    miketuason, built2grind and ATSAaron like this.
  21. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    Worked on my Mondial 8 this weekend.

added a second pump to the turbo oil scavenge system. One pump did OK until a sustained 5000+rom cruise, then it didn’t move enough oil and it came out the vent or the turbo seals. I already had a second pump so why not just install it. I also added a short section of clear hose so I can verify flow. It returns the oil to the ? shaped hose that goes from the head to the trans plate.

I also installed my crank trigger and sensor. I used my lathe to remove a small amount of material from the pulley so that I had a nice hubcentric lip that fit the inside of the timing gear.

I also started running wires for the ecu. I’ll use it initially just to upgrade the ic ruin to a 3D timing map. I have the option to run an air temp correction, knock sensor, and boost control. I can expand to full fuel injection too, but for now I think I will just run one additional injector in the intake tube before the throttle body to enrich the motor under boost. (So far the stock CIS system can handle 300 horsepower with only minor changes)

Aaron
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Aus_yz, thorn, st@ven and 1 other person like this.
  22. jferazzi

jferazzi Karting

Sep 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dane, Rosey, waymar and 3 others like this.
  23. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Jeppedo, NoGoSlow, Dane and 6 others like this.
  24. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Great. And I even see the twin of my Alfa -even similar colour- in the background. The Citroen SM on the left must be a rare sight down under. Isn't it?

Best from Germany
    Martin

Rosey likes this.