458 - Winter storage | FerrariChat

458 Winter storage

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Muirsky, Dec 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Muirsky

Muirsky Rookie

Aug 31, 2016
    Have been a reader for a while, but this is my first post on FerrariChat. Recently purchased a 2013 458 Spider and loving the experience of owning my first Ferrari. Our winters are pretty harsh, so is in storage until April. I also have a GT3 Touring that I store over the winter and always leave the brakes off ... but can’t seem to work out how to stop the e-break engaging on the 458. Not sure if it matters, but slightly concerned the breaks will stick if leave for 4months. Any thoughts or suggestions very welcome.

2. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I've inserted a procedure that was posted by another FChat member a few weeks ago. Sorry I do not have his name to give credit. I've followed these steps for my 458 Spider. You will see "Car Wash Mode" flash on your Left TFT.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Muirsky

Muirsky Rookie

Aug 31, 2016
    Thank you; will try this.

When the Car Wash Mode goes off, is the break still disengaged?

4. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    how are you planing to deal with battery?

5. Muirsky

Muirsky Rookie

Aug 31, 2016
    Tender is plugged in

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I have not concerned myself about the parking brake during winter storage. Is this something that has failed for you before in a modern car?