My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio. | Page 9 | FerrariChat

My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Circle K, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Great news!!!

paulchua likes this.
  2. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    #202 Doc_Dent, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    I just have to comment,,,

A customer who had a great experience with a place, should keep in mind that it isn't necessarily the same scenario of happy ending to every other customer (happy clients shouldn't be aggressive to other client's negative reviews, Just bcuz their experience was trouble-free!!!).

Any business owner IMO, should always try to diffuse the tension IMMEDIATELY with unhappy customers, as reputation is key to any business, no matter how good U were at what U do.
    (Specially if the situation made it's way to SOCIAL- MEDIA!)

Glad to see ice melting over here...

Flea7, GatorFL, Circle K and 6 others like this.
  3. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    After reading this whole thing, one question keeps going unanswered by the OP.
    How is the conversion? What’s the feedback on the actual car?

Bob in Texas likes this.
  4. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    A pity this was not resolved before the thread had to be posted, as this will now linger regardless. The power of fchat no doubt got it sorted.

Always best to nip things in the bud or give the other side of the story in this interactive world, where all it takes is one bump up to the top years later which can make an old story seem as fresh as a daisy again.

Circle K and Texas Forever like this.
  5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    He said the conversion is fantastic

paulchua and Texas Forever like this.
  6. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    Love it, everything I hoped

7. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    That’s great. I’m glad you are enjoying it. I guess at the end of the day that was the most important thing.

ShineKen and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  8. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    If the whole experience was good from the get-go then I would not stop raving about it, like dining in a restaurant.

9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I certainly sympathize, and as I said, I believe you that customer service was sub par. I've learned two things. One - that hopefully, EAG improves their customer service, and two, you are now sorted.

I don't know what will be of the former, but happy about the latter.

Be well @Circle K and enjoy the hell out of er'

:)

Circle K likes this.
  10. drdaddio

drdaddio Rookie

Jun 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    robert m daddio
    I am new to this site, however I have owned numerous Ferrari’s over the past 20 years. Just want to say very simply I am arts latest victim unfortunately. Please other Ferrari owners do not get involved with this guy.If you do make sure you call other owners for references. I know Ferrari chat doesn’t like this type of posts but , it’s imperative we warn the community when people are losing thousands of dollars . If anyone wants the full story of my experience contact me at [email protected]

11. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Beware there is significantly more to this "half truth" story than the OP is letting on. I normally wouldn't get involved but this is getting silly!

It's a shame the OP feels the need to post this as otherwise I would have let it slide. When EAG have done things wrong in the past I've called them out, this final car is not one of those times. They fixed every issue bar the original faulty cluster which I'm told was documented when it first arrived. Robert, your 599 is one of the first in the world to use my custom firmware so it's a shame your so ungrateful and now trying to make out that another outfit is somehow finishing off this conversion. Total fiction!

I don't know you personally but I know your 599 very well as i remotely upgraded it and I can confirm from exhaustive data logging that the car was 100% fully working as a gated car with no faults logged. It was a perfect working conversion with videos to prove. Just a shame you didn't even drive it to find out!

I actually spoke to the company in question who know has your car and even advised them for free how to fix your said cluster issue by replacing the failed capacitors on the dash PCB. Sadly a common fault on the 599.

Hopefully you can "move on" from all this and either flip this 900 mile (cry) 599 if that was your original intended idea or put some damn miles on it and enjoy it for what it is!

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no other involvement with EAG other than to be supplying them with know how and ECU firmware patches. I'm also supplying everyone else btw who is doing gated 599 conversions as without it, it won't work! Plus I also fixed the rev drop issue too so they drive amazingly...

Please people keep this crap off the forums and sort it out like men not boys!

technom3, ShineKen, G. Pepper and 2 others like this.
  12. drdaddio

drdaddio Rookie

Jun 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    robert m daddio
    #212 drdaddio, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
    360 I’m sorry sir but the car is undriveable, I did drive in it twice. Art wouldn’t let me drive it because any rookie could tell he was skipping gears to try avoid the grinding and the vibration and noise coming from the tunnel. The fact is I was promised and paid for one thing and got an undriveable car. I wouldn’t speak about things you know nothing about. You weren’t in the car.

13. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Data logging of driving between gears proves otherwise.

If you had any problem with minor mechanical calibrations you should have discussed it with them while it was there. If anything it could only be cable alignment which is a quick job on a ramp. Posting on here Clearly isn't the right thing to do.

14. drdaddio

drdaddio Rookie

Jun 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    robert m daddio
    First of all the car was there a year and a half. Second of all this car gearshift Is not on a cable. They had plenty of time to make it right. The fact is they had never attempted to do a 599 before. Mine was the experiment without my consent

15. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I don't think you can really say any of this with conviction. Your car is just fine possibly bar some minor tweaks or adjustments and even that's debatable. Bet it's just fine if it was signed off. Did you ever drive a 599 stick before?

The crux of the matter isn't really about the conversion anymore it's all just become personal. A vendetta to be settled. I think your miffed because of other reasons such as frustration at time taken. Well that's fine but if you didn't understand that making custom parts for Uber rare cars required time then I'm baffled. Ferrari won't actually sell you many of the parts anymore either so what do you think happened? Magic fairy dust made your parts magically happen overnight? Actually the bulk of time has been electronics related, it took me months of work to crack this.

In another 599 conversion I've helped with for another company in NJ, USA, they ordered gated parts like the central console it and took many months for Ferrari to satisfy those orders. These are hand built parts made to order. It's no Honda and this was during Covid times and a total factory shutdown.

Whatever your think the exact same conversion parts and techniques you have on your car will be on dozens of other 599 imminently and I bet they will all be happy. Nothing will make you happy anymore. If I where you I'd just sell it and move on. Get over it.

Bas and ShineKen like this.
  16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    fwiw both my scud and 430 conversions have been sound and enjoyable. no complaints and id say Art and Trev delivered.

Bas, G. Pepper, technom3 and 2 others like this.
  17. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I love it when people with positive experiences post.

It truly helps. There are some customers out there that will never be satisfied because sometimes the people are literally insane.

ShineKen likes this.
  18. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    I know EAG gets a lot of flack but just a data point... They've done over 80 conversions now. There's probably a few people upset about the timeliness, and there's a few people that have gone out of their way to pretty much do everything they can to tarnish EAG... But out of those 80 conversions were looking at maybe 5 really unhappy customers tops. That's a nearly 95+% satisfied rate.

I can guarantee you nobody who works on Ferraris has a 100% satisfaction rate, and most probably are nowhere near 95%.

ShineKen likes this.
  19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I’m also baffled by those who want to be the first to convert their models or know they are part of the first “experimental” batch, but complain about timelines or complain something isn’t working 100% perfect.

Customer or not, if you know you’re part of the guinea pig group, be prepared to ride the ups and downs.

Bas, Il Tifoso and technom3 like this.
  20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I didn't do a conversion, because my 360 was already a manual, but I am thankful to EAG for fixing my exhaust CEL. Three attempts from others to fix it with no dice. It was the end of a very long, frustrating, and expensive ordeal. Now I have a Fabspeed header set running into an OEM valved CS can with zero issues... and it sounds glorious.

Thanks Art. :)

Bas and ShineKen like this.
  21. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    #221 Ivan Drago, Jul 21, 2021
    I have never been to EAG, but on Saturday, I used a youtubers engine and differential tune for my 458 Italia in Gran Turismo Sport. It was absolute dog ****. Car was slow on the straights, pretty appalling cornering on hairpins and mediocre at out-in-outs. I would not recommend it

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

saadxj220 likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Lol wtf

Bas, 19633500GT and G. Pepper like this.
  23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #223 technom3, Jul 21, 2021

What? Lol. I think you are trying to make a joke here but most on here are going to have zero relation to what you are trying to reference. Lol

Ivan Drago likes this.
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I literally laughed out loud fwiw

Doug., Bas, Ivan Drago and 1 other person like this.
  25. drdaddio

drdaddio Rookie

Jun 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    robert m daddio