UK Winter Storage - UK Dehumidifier Recommendations Please? | FerrariChat

UK Winter Storage - UK Dehumidifier Recommendations Please?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Richard Browne, Dec 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Richard Browne

Richard Browne Karting

Sep 26, 2020
    Wiltshire
    Full Name:
    Richard Browne
    Hi Everyone,
    A message to my fellow UK Ferrari owners that store their cars in their garages please...

I recently purchased an immaculate 458 Spider and now have it stored in my brick garage for the winter and it is suffering from condensation due to high RH moisture levels.

I realise that I need a desiccant dehumidifier due to the UK climate and in a previous location in the UK when storing a garage queen 993 S, I used a Meaco DD8L desiccant dehumidifier but this broke just after the warranty ran out and have since heard horror stories that Meaco Desiccant units regularly fail around this time. I am therefore reticent to purchase another Meaco unit.

Which make/model do you guys use to manage the RH levels in your garages please?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas one and all! :)

2. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    i run a delonghi dehumidifier for the last 9 years in my garage.
    But i have put some old carpet down for the tyres to rest on, insulated the steel garage doors and the roof is insulated between joists and covered over, with an old radiator running on minimum. all of the above small measures add up, but its still a garage for just storage, its NO man cave.
    have tried to cut down on as much draft between the garage doors as possible, all of the above have made a significant difference.