430 - What all was included with the purchase of a new 430? | FerrariChat

430 What all was included with the purchase of a new 430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by ChrisKob, Dec 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChrisKob

ChrisKob Rookie

Oct 24, 2020
    Northbrook IL
    Hi all,

Im looking to purchase a F430 Spider as my first. I would like to make sure im getting all the parts that were included when new. ie. car cover, seat cover, charger, books etc...

I see some with seat and steering wheel cover, some with just a car cover, some with black case tool kit, VIP book.
    Were there build sheets included?

Lastly I see red and yellow tachs. What is standard and what is special order?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    This has all been answered before but as I recall the caliper colors could be chosen - there was a cover for the car & seat & wheel cover plus a toolkit - most folk got a VIP book but typically that stayed with the first owner - the charger technology has gotten better

3. ChrisKob

ChrisKob Rookie

Oct 24, 2020
    Northbrook IL
    What about the different tachometer colors?

4. 66ss427

66ss427 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2017
    N. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I believe the Tach color is chosen by the dealer or buyer.
    My 2005 had everything you stated and I bought it “second hand” with under 300 miles on it.

5. ChrisKob

ChrisKob Rookie

Oct 24, 2020
    Northbrook IL
    Thanks for the reply

6. Felix Yuen

Felix Yuen Karting

Sep 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    Felix Yuen
    what colour tach was the option and which was original ?
    ive seen them in red or yellow

7. 66ss427

66ss427 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2017
    N. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    NO CLUE. ‍♂️

8. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Everything I've seen tends toward both being an option...you basically chose which you wanted at the time of purchase. I never bought a new one though so of course take that for what it's worth. ;)

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    correct. i picked the color when i ordered my 430

10. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I ordered my 430 in June, 2005. Still have the car. Tach color was a no cost option as was aluminum or carbon fiber trim around the air vents. Battery tenders were not standard then and quite expensive as an option. Ferrari of Denver gave away tenders with all new cars. VIP books were not available when I ordered mine. As others noted, you get covers for the car, wheel and seats. I never opened mine. There is an owner's manual, service book and warranty book. Two keys and a radio code card. A lot more options became available a little later, mostly cosmetic such as the carbon fiber packages. I later received a congratulating letter from Ferrari and an annual book.

Dave

armedferret and ChrisKob like this.
  11. ChrisKob

ChrisKob Rookie

Oct 24, 2020
    Northbrook IL
    Thanks for the clarification...

12. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    #13 Snapshift, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    My 2005 has the red tach face which is not as common as the yellow. At night it is black with just the numbers and needles readable. I am the 4th owner but it was pretty complete upon purchase, cover, (no seat or wheel cover though) full leather satchel with all the owners manuals in it, 2 original keys, wired for charger but no charger (I hooked that up myself) original Tool kit, tire compressor kit, radio code key, no ignition key code though. The big option on the earlier 430's were the carbon ceramic brakes around an 18K option. I think the rest of the options were the CF trim levels and seat types, leather stitching colors etc. The options probably vary with the color combination selected by the original buyer for the interior etc.

All in all, mine was fairly complete as it was. I like the red tach face but don't think it was as popular originally. I have the red calipers, and some red stitching on floormats with all black Daytona seats. All black interior, all leather including headliner and firewall. Other options were Alcanterra accents I believe. I was able to get a hardbound sales brochure for it on eBay which is a nice touch but not a VIP book.

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Does anyone know if any cars came with the silver car cover instead of red or was it only available for purchase afterwards?

14. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The yellow tach face is much more common. I chose red myself. Yellow just seems like it's screaming at you!

Snapshift likes this.
  15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yellow on my red tan 430 and red on my argento black 430

Snapshift likes this.
  16. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I had a light silver/tan-ish OEM cover. It was an option and Taz had a brochure pointing out the option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Cool I just picked one up from a fellow fchatter.