308 gtbi fuel pump hose | FerrariChat

308 gtbi fuel pump hose

Discussion in '308/328' started by cantthinkofone, Dec 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
    Fuel pump died today on my 1980 gtbi today. Found pump no problem, and discussions about replacement. What i cant seem to find is a parts list or a place to purchase the conversion parts needed to go from the oem pump to the new style with replaceable check valve. Anyone out there that could help would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    #2 waymar, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Why change - any benefit over stock pump? I purchased Bosch 69523 As my OEM on the car is 0 580 254 975. On 1982 308GTSi

3. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
    My understanding is that the new pumps have different check valves, requiring some diffrent fittings. Is this not true?

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    The "new" pump (with the replaceable check valve) is no better or worse than the "old" pump (with the built-in check valve). This issue came up because the old pump wasn't available for a while so people with the old pump needing a replacement were forced to change over to the new pump and hassle with changing the plumbing/fittings. As Wayne posted, the "old" pump (Bosch 69523) is now available again -- just buy that one, and reuse your stock plumbing/fittings.

waymar likes this.
  5. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
    This what i did. I didnt know the old pump was available again. Thanks everyone!