power window switch broke | FerrariChat

power window switch broke

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by rolikmeir, Nov 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rolikmeir

rolikmeir Karting

Aug 5, 2018
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Did you check the price with Ferrari?
    Apparently Ricambiamerica has it for USD 56 and eurospares for GBP 25, I'd trust either of them better than ebay.

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

4. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
  5. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    These are just the buttons that operate the electrical portion of the switches. It is fairly common for the clip on the side of the button to break off over time, as they get used a lot and people are not careful with them. The real problem is when the mating portion where the clip attaches to on the electrical switch gets damaged.
    Then you have to replace both switches with the harness, which is hundreds of dollars.
    Inspect the original switch for damage and be very careful when installing the replacement button, as I have seen the switch self-destruct during button replacement.

6. Ariporsche

Ariporsche Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Ariel Marmolejos
  7. neilbaker86

neilbaker86 Rookie

Nov 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Neil Baker
    Take care when pushing the silver part on to the actual switch, as if you push too hard you can break the black plastic switch assembly.

I strongly suggest you take the four countersunk screws out of the switch panel (launch, auto, reverse etc) above the electric window switches and support the window switches from underneath when pressing the silver buttons on.

I learnt this the hard way...

Jacksal and 458SG like this.