My Portofino journey | Page 5 | FerrariChat

My Portofino journey

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Y not, Jul 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonathan Knight

Oct 12, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Knight
    Hi ynot do you mind telling me the option
    cost of azure California?

2. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Hi Jonathan, £7104 inc vat as it’s in the historic colours group. Option cost might have changed a bit with the list price increase. OTR list was £168k when I ordered.

3. Jonathan Knight

Oct 12, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Knight
    Thanks very much!

4. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
  5. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Who says Ferraris need to be in garages in December? Porto on the Silverstone F1GP circuit this week. No need for a pace car as it was a fun covid-safe Christmas laser/light installation event around the track.

Santa’s helpers in the giant snow globes certainly liked the exhaust tribute we gave them.

I’ve asked santa for the truck we parked next to.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
  7. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
  8. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Porto 35B, GTFan, Y not and 1 other person like this.
  9. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Wow that red interior POPS!

rocketman likes this.
  10. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
  11. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Know the Buttertubs well! Where in the UK are you based?

12. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Is your car Azzurro California? looks good

13. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Based on the south coast.

Are you local to buttertubs? Was a great time to visit as they were very quiet.

Trip was 1000 miles over 5days including NW coast, Forrest of Bowland, Yorkshire dales, North Pennines, Kielder Forrest and Northumberland national park.

Porto 35B and 430tdf like this.
  14. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    yes. How’s your car going?

15. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Hi, yes, not far from the Buttertubs. Great roads for driving - sounds like quite a trip!

16. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login End of a long weekend across the Cotswolds, Malvern Hills, Wye Valley and Sailsbury Plain. Superb trip in biblical rainstorms and sunny periods. Fantastic mix of roads giving all that’s great about UK road trips.

Pics of the car at Tintern Abbey in the Wye Valley, founded in 1131.

17. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Spent the day at Silverstone GP circuit on the Pirelli PZero experience day (using one of my porsches). Not really a standard track day as there were lots of manufacturers cars available for road or track test drives and passenger laps. Full hospitality and lunch at the British Racing Drivers Club headquarters trackside.

Ferrari content first. Some F8’s for track sessions with professional tuition.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Road tests in an amazing pair of green 812GTS and Roma. Image Unavailable, Please Login

also there were Pagani with passenger laps in a Huayra.

Attached Files:

Porto 35B likes this.
  18. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Others on the day.

Dallara - track passenger rides where the fun turned up to 11 when I asked the guy to “drive it like you stole it”...he absolutely did.

Lamborghini- Performante for track and Huracan/Urus for road tests.

Some mclarens.

The customer cars on track included TDF, 599 GTO, lots of mclarens, all of the porsche GT range including a Carrera GT.

Sorry I did t get many pics but it was the most full on day I’ve ever spent on a track day....

Oh...and these two guys dropped in to say hi whilst filming for the British Grand Prix next month.
    Mr Coultard then reappeared in one of Mr Webber’s winning cars and put on quite a show outside the BRDC building over lunch.

19. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Europe travels still in lockdown so spent a few days under foreboding skys at St Catherine’s Lighthouse on the Isle of Wight. Plenty of history and next door to Marconi’s wireless test site. Splendid isolation.

Porto did it’s thing. Coping with bad weather, top down sunshine touring and the less than perfect access road to the lighthouse without issue.

Ferrari effect got us a bump in the ferry queue to an earlier sailing ;) Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Porto 35B, sandisk, GTFan and 3 others like this.
  20. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Cars anniversary approaching so annual service carried out. No issues.

Car has surprisingly done near 5k miles even with lockdown in the UK for a large part of that year.

Also went to a 296 event with the drivers union in the Uk last night, had a blast with the VR Factory tour that the marketing guys brought along. Well worth seeking that out if travel to the factory is not possible. I think it would be cool if they used those in the local dealerships as per of Atelier sessions.

21. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    September 2021 road trip part 1. UK to the Italian lakes via Mont Blanc tunnel Aosta Valley.

22. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Pics or it didn't happen :cool:

23. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Pics later as the French mobile signal along the peage appears to be on a break ffs.

24. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2