F8 Option Pricing List | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Option Pricing List

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Level7, Dec 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    SoCal to AZ - thanks. What do you think about the "upgraded" radio/stereo. Is the sound quality that much better? I could put the $6,000 perhaps toward a better option with more value when it comes time to trade-in/resell?

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I personally think it’s garbage for the money and have elected against it on my last 2 Ferrari’s. However some find value in it. I’m not one to waste money on crap and to me the upgraded radio is crap.

Coincid and LVP488 like this.
  3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nice build! I have the HiFi in my car and I think is sounds very good for my purposes. Did not pay the small ransome for apple CarPlay. Your car is spec’d so nicely you might want to consider adding the upper part in leather in the interior. Else you will get the standard rough looking material along the pillars and roof. Option code ULEZ

tfazio and GT2goneF like this.
  4. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Sweet spec, glad the spreadsheet helped. Looks really sharp
    CarPlay: silly money but depends how u use the car, for me useful on the 812 as F sat nav is rubbish and Waze rocks. Then again, phone holder will cost u $50 and u can run on your phone for free...
    Upgraded HiFi: tend to put on Spiders, it is decent but again won't be anywhere top quality you get in other luxury cars. U won't miss it.
    ULEZ: 100% worth it, standard headliner not great and u get fancy stitching too
    360 cameras: integration on mirrors is horrible unlike 812/Portofino/Roma, plus display too small, front/rear sensors and std back camera work well
    Tach; agree w Socal to Az, black std wud look nice or aluminum
    Racing seats: I have always done w lifter as easy to adjust, otherwise can be done at dealer I think if needed but bit of a mission

ScottS and GT2goneF like this.
  5. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Thank you for the great feedback. I kept the Apple CarPlay and the 360 camera on the side figuring these options would not be worth the cost. Now I know I made the right decision with the confirmation. Great recommendations on the tach and the ULEZ option. Will definitely make these changes. This forum is really invaluable with this type of help and support.

universal and SoCal to az like this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    #31 GT2goneF, Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Matt CF carries a 4k plus premium.

I think it is a very nice build. My only advice is that if you are going to add the Tricolore to the buttons on the bridge, tie it with something else. Either the upper, lower or both arches of the steering wheel or the headrest tricolore (FLEM) under the EMPH (Cavalino Rampante). I think that given the color of the seats, the tricolore may not look as good as if it were Cuoio or TB. If don't want to add any additional colors to the car, then maybe better without it.

By the way, mine is all Matt CF interior. Not commonly selected.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

RoadRonin and SoCal to az like this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Agree with CarPlay. Not worth it.

8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Both suck, you just pay 6k for two reasons. 1) You get the lesser sucking system. 2) Selling point.

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #34 SoCal to az, Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    I agree with this. The tricolor buttons look a bit forced. Add some more Italian flag colors elsewhere or just stick with red buttons.

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Funny that you mention the tricolor rings. I was not even aware of the option until RossoF8 mentioned them in his comments. I focused on the price for three plastic rings going from $1400 to $2600 during the course of his build. So when I met with the Sales Rep today these rings appeared on my build and the rep did not know how to turn them off with the configurator. I did not worry as I have time to make changes and to get the official option list with pricing. Currently my MSRP is to be determined. So I agree that they should be changed to better coordinate with the other colors. Thanks!

RossoF8 and SoCal to az like this.
  11. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Just saw this post-thanks-so it answers the question I posted a while back about the cost of CF paddles

12. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    re CF parts, highly personal, have done both in the past but after the Pista, decided to try without and honestly I don't miss it. CF adds up quickly and unlikely to get much back when you sell the car. I always do the CF driving zone.
    As mentioned, CF Matt finish adds to cost but rendering might just be off
    on ULEZ you can do black leather or UALZ ie alcantara which looks real nice on the headliner, again matter of personal taste
    Lastly, if you want to highlight the shields outside, you can do the wheel cups in CF or red to match calipers. Think they can also do Silverstone to match body.
    You have a great spec so stick with what you like

13. Marco Calzini

Marco Calzini Rookie

Feb 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco Calzini

14. Marco Calzini

Marco Calzini Rookie

Feb 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco Calzini
    You will get a shock when they show you the price with your options, they are ridiculously expensive, good luck.

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. Aicon

Aicon Rookie

Sep 10, 2013
    Congratulations on your new F8, anybody knows if Ferrari has an app to monitor car for low voltage etc. like Mercedes or Land Rover apps?

16. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Marco - thanks. Yes I was initially shocked at some of the pricing. There is a great Excel sheet posted within this thread that provides all of the options and the associated prices. Once I started to use the Excel sheet, the shock wore off and it was a much easier process picking and choosing options. Less emotion and wonderment vs more of a business decision based on transparency. For me, at the end of the process there was no shock, frustration, or disillusionment. I had a sense of where I wanted to be in terms of total build price and just worked my way toward my goal.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Hi Level7,

Stopped by my dealer today to pick up a scale model, these tend to run anywhere 12-18months behind car delivery so don't hold your breadth...
    Anyway, thought about your spec where you have dark painted wheels with chrome bolts, took a picture of their demo below which has the same. Small detail, depends if you like the contrast or not, more noticeable with the dark rims. They offer titanium bolts as on my above post on the Pista, option is $1687.
    Lastly, the configurator renderings make the red leather looks like Bordeaux but trust you know it is quite a bit brighter in real life? I like it a lot but just wanted to make sure you saw in real life too.

MANDALAY likes this.
  18. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    CPD1 - Thank you for the photo - really helps to better understand the nuances!

I have the latest list of F8 options and associated prices from my dealer - just received. Assuming that you do not mind, I will update your spreadsheet with this latest info and will also include a new row for Coupe, in addition to Spider so that one spreadsheet can be used for either configuration. Once I finish - perhaps this weekend - I will post.

Regarding the red leather - yes I agree that unfortunately the rendering tend to tone down the color and to almost make it look like the Bordeaux. I looked at both and ultimately thought that the Bordeaux was a bit on the darker side. The Rosso Ferrari red leather is on the other extreme and a bit "bright". As such, I am trying to tone it down with the black elements. It is not so easy without actually seeing the materials and colors in person.

For any one else looking at the same colors I am embedding a photo of the Rosso leather, belt color and exterior. My photo is better than the renderings, but not perfect either.

jm2 and GT2goneF like this.
  19. John Pal

John Pal Rookie

Dec 10, 2017
    Full Name:
    John Palone
    I am also configuring an F8 Spider. The process that you described is how Ferrari does it . They will not give you a price list of the cost of the options to review . I found that it is efficient for the buyer to put on the build sheet any options you might want and then you can see the costs. Unfortunately , once I saw the cost of several of the exterior carbon fibre options that I selected , I elected to remove them . It is an exciting process !!

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    John - take a look at the spreadsheet that is part of this thread - it is very good. It helped me save a lot of time, effort and ultimately made the process much easier - not nearly as much back and forth with the dealer not knowing where I was headed in terms of the bottom line price.

Additionally, as mentioned I have an offical list of options and prices. I am going to update the spreadsheet and post it - assuming CPD1 has no issues as he was the person who initially provided it to me. Do not hesitate to Private Message me and I am happy to provide additional info and insights if I can be of any help. I also eliminated the exterior CF options. Seems like many people start in a similar fashion and also end the journey with ultimately similar builds. I have traded info with someone else who is also buying an F8 coupe and we have virtually identical specs.

GT2goneF likes this.
  21. toman416

toman416 Rookie

Feb 16, 2016
    ...a more price sensitive option is to paint the exterior black trims in gloss black.

-no affiliation-

GT2goneF likes this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Th
    Really good idea to paint everything piano black. Looks so good. The wheels aren't my cup of tea but the stance and ride height is so much better. Im doing that to my Pista next month!

GT2goneF and RoadRonin like this.
  23. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Level7, feel free to play w the spreadsheet, unclear why Ferrari doesn't make price list widely available as they do in other regions, guess it adds part to the mystique...
    Call me old fashioned but I rather like to know what is the total price when I order something.

Below few pictures of Bordeaux (Lusso) vs Rosso (Portofino, door), look very different depending on lighting, of course Rosso is more striking but in your spec works very well, especially why the black inserts on the racing seats.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  25. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Dang looks like burgundy in the config vs bright red in real life.

GT2goneF likes this.