F8 or STO? | Page 41 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    Yeah I chose the design package which basically throws in the stickers free of charge. My F8 is Nero Daytona so was thinking either matching with black or go completely different colour.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shack likes this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Regarding the F8 VS, it would be quite easy to do. They could deploy the SF90 engine and adjust the styling. If the run were hard limited to 499 and 499, they could easily price the cars at $575ish and $675ish fully equipped. Ferrari might well find that $400,000,000 in extra profitability simply too tantalizing to resist.

MANDALAY and Jo Sta7 like this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    This is my thoughts. 800 hp and make 800 coupes and 800 spiders. It’s not really that limited but limited enough for them to justify as a fitting send off to the range, keep customers happy and add $1b to the top line.

MANDALAY likes this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They very well might do this but these are potentially some of the same customers they want to sell Little brother to.

Thecadster likes this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I love that they are all run the same day, and you can really get a sense of the visceral nature of each car, esp the sound of the exhaust. Their Lambo comments were so spot on. I hope the STO uses an even sweeter setup than the Perf.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not at same price - making the Pista did not prevent them from selling F8s...
    Regarding evo COTY, the ranking is M2 - 765LT - Lambo RWD - Yaris - F8.
    M2 and Yaris are there but do not actually compete with the Mc / Lambo / Ferrari - so if one only considers these, there is nothing unexpected: the 765 LT is the extreme version of the already brilliant 720S, the Lambo is made special by its RWD and the F8 is only a "regular" model, so I don't see how it could beat the others anyway. In the end this result is not really telling.

7. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Makes no sense to do an F8VS. It would have 12yo tech inside the car, a few engine and body tweaks and have to compete currently with the 765 and STO. In addition probably timing wise the 992 GT3/RS as well. All these cars have way superior tech and serious development behind them.

It would be an afterthought car and a big yawn IMO. In addition added to a horrendous Formula1 year it would work against Ferrari's already tarnished brand. Personally I think the STO/765/RS's are a big wake up call for Ferrari as their mid engined product offering has a big hole right now.

SoCal to az, Coincid, Fastmd and 2 others like this.
  8. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
  9. Spider68

Spider68 Karting

Aug 21, 2010
    Switzerland
    Wow quite a quote , so let’s wait a year or two and get one of these STO then a lot cheaper

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

10. Don't disagree with you that an M2 is not cross-shopped with an F8. No doubt.

But, my friend, I think the question that EVO COTY is trying to answer is not which car you would buy if you had the means, but which car you would grab the keys and drive if you had all them in your garage (y'know, like the one you're building :D)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Nice exterior color. No stickers yellow calipers and gloss black standard wheels is what i would do.

EVO is a stepup from run of the mill auto magazines. Credible and informative review. Macca and Lambo are killing it. STO is a beast.

Mortarion, Shack and Thecadster like this.
  12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If I had Ferrari, lambo and Mclaren one one side of the garage and Yaris, M2 on the other side and I wanted to go for a fun drive, id personally choose the lambo, Mclaren or ferrari. The other "cheaper" cars while may be fun are just in a different league. All Im saying is that you cant compare them properly. They should have done an expensive car of the year and the affordable car of the year. Take the winners and put them in hands of drivers and let the public decide which is best.

13. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Deliveries are still a year out, you'll be waiting a few years for a discounted STO.

14. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    tomc, Fastmd, Shack and 1 other person like this.
  15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Even my old Perf S and Pista are selling for good money all this time later. Who knows, economy could go belly up by STO timing.

Coincid and SLDriver like this.
  16. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Perf and 580-2 prices still solid. STO could hold better value.

Coincid, SLDriver and dustman like this.
  17. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    if ever

SLDriver likes this.
  18. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Spec clip from the UK, the dealer said he expects their market intro car to arrive in May/June. I'm hoping customer cars start arriving by June/July.

19. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I don't see the Perf dipping by much. There's always going to be demand for the Perf and it's a brilliant all around supercar, you can track and daily it. Best Huracan variant imo.

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

That's what I basically said in the previous page. Why wouldn't Ferrari do that ? Gee they coild even have it as the 80 th anniversary given it would be a 2022 car.

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    And the big hole being covered by a F8 VS. Lets see what happens , if nada , Ferrari doesn't give a rats about the models you have said.

22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Performantes in Canada are scarce now. It is a special car.

23. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I get their views on which keys you would grab.

And if there were keys to a 765LT, H Evo and an M2.

There is no way I would grab the keys to an M2 first.

I currently own last years winner being the 718 GT4 and whilst it is cracking car to drive. I drove it back to back in anger with my Pista last weekend and the Pista was just in a different atmosphere!!!!!

May the Horse be with you

24. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I think they do. They are aware of the quality coming our of Lambo, Porsche and McLaren. In addition between the STO/765/GT3/3RS there are 10000 cars going to their competitors. Once you taste other brands and are happy the Ferrari mystique disappears very quickly.

Also dont under-estimate the affect of the abysmal F1 season. This will hurt sales badly IMO

25. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Shack if that were the case McLaren would not have sold a car when Alonso was driving for them!!

May the Horse be with you

MANDALAY likes this.