Front Seats moving for back seat entrance | FerrariChat

Front Seats moving for back seat entrance

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Rlurie1, Dec 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rlurie1

Rlurie1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ryan Lurie
    Hi Guys,

First time poster, long time reader.

I’m looking to purchase my very first Ferrari and have a quick question for you California owners. I have two young daughters and am specifically wanting a convertible to create memories for them with a top down. They would be sitting in the back and I had them sit in both a 911 and the California. One thing I liked with the Cali was that the seat electronically moves forward when using the buckle to move the back rest up.

However, the car that I’m looking at purchasing didn’t do that on the driver’s side. The passenger side did but not the drivers side.

My question for those of you are does your seat move forward when you recline it up to gain access to the rear seat?

I will be getting an inspection and adding a warranty but just wanted to see what experience you guys have with this.

RBully10 likes this.
  2. lucasines

lucasines Karting

Apr 22, 2016
    Paris
    Full Name:
    Gilles
    Hi,
    I have had this with the passenger seat 17 Cali T, after the annual service, the dealer told me that they just have had to reinitiate the software.
    Issue has been fixed it was a only a SW issue.

RBully10 likes this.
  3. RBully10

RBully10 Rookie

Aug 31, 2020
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Rob Bullington
    Hi-

I got my Cali back in August and I also have two young daughters (twins-9). They love it and have been on multiple drives with me over the last few months. Both my seats do automatically move forward upon entering (and moving the backrest forward). It is surprisingly roomy when I have the entire fam for a drive. I'm 6'2" and this was initially a concern until my first time in it-surprisingly comfortable & roomy.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    The seats on my Portofino don't do that. I bet it is a feature only if the car has the " full electric seats" option. That feature would require memory,and the base seats don't have memory.

RBully10 likes this.
  5. thomastrain

thomastrain Rookie

Oct 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve CI
    I have a 2017 Cali T, without the full electronic seats option (although they do move electronically) and neither seat moves forward automatically when I pull the lever to move the seat back forward for access to the back seat.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. Rlurie1

Rlurie1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ryan Lurie
    Thanks guys for the response, the car does have the full electric option, sounds like it definitely should move back and forth. Will make sure it’s addressed prior to purchase.