Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 184 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari was the only one that had them in 2018 and I think 2019.

2. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Weren’t the FIA also monitoring the state-of-charge of the batteries and their charge/discharge rate in 2018? Ostensibly to ensure they were in compliance but also because the opposition was hoping to find out how/why Ferrari were using their twin energy store modules?

3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    yes

Also funny how this year the Ferrari engines stopped smoking on that ''special map'' and the Mercedes' started doing it...

stavura, fil, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap...cheating it's not the problem, unless you're not Mercedes!!!

Bas likes this.
  5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    My attempted translation of above:

“If you aren't making waves, you aren't kicking hard enough.”

Yap yap yap :)

tifosi12 likes this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    My translation of above:

Kicking hard is a virtue unless you’re Ferrari; when Ferrari kicks hard, they’re branded as cheaters, yes?:)

stavura, Bas and furoni like this.
  7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ermm well maybe Ferrari miss Max Mosley more than I certainly do :)

8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    ?

Ancient history but if the insinuation is that Max helped Ferrari cheat then the guilty parties are the guys in charge of Ferrari at the time—and now FIA kingpins—namely the “foreign nationals” Todt and Brawn.

Nevertheless, and despite the departure of the alleged rotten, cheating element, people with no valid proof keep trying to perpetuate this narrative. Probably because they can’t reconcile that Ferrari can actually produce a winning car despite not be a Brit team.

9. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No matter you cannot please all the folks all of the time, AFAIK Todt has never switched the racing results over the board room table after the race had finished, on some jumped up joke of a ruling of his making, however I'am not going down that rat hole again. So Ancient history or not, as Bernie Ecclestone once said F1 must remain entertaining to be successful, and thats called show business, so in that respect it seems to me nothing has changed, the difference being is from what side of the fence you look at it from, and at the min Merc are the ones to beat.

And it is nothing to do with this Brit not loving Ferrari, mine is a real winner in my eyes ;)

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    They can? Maybe they should bring it to the races. :cool:

DF1, william and Hocakes like this.
  11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Do you think you have the ultimate truth about this sport? It really ignores the recipe for success.

12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Still waiting for all-Brit superteams Williams and McLaren to bring it. Maybe missing that essential Austrian element? Or their own engine.

furoni likes this.
  13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Lance isn't really known for spinning out a lot, so there is a chance, he'll pick up some clues from Seb. :)

Seriously I do think Lance and the team can learn from Vettel. He does know a lot about how to run and win races and championships. He knows more than most other drivers in the field and thus can strengthen the team.

15. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I'm 100% sure that Lawrence couldn't care less for Vettel or his world championships, what he really wanted since thinking about hiring Vettel was to mentoring Lance.

ingegnere likes this.
  16. DF1

Agree'd he has 'corporate' knowledge to assist them!

17. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    True but it makes good PR for a “new” team to impress the uninitiated in the Paddock Club to have a 4-time world championship winner on the team. Never mind that RBR—who know better than anyone his “qualities” and faults—didn’t even consider him for 1 second in lieu of Perez.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  19. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  21. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
  22. DF1

Exactly! He was never going to be offered a drive lol!! Nothing like 'stage dad' to keep us entertained lol

Bas likes this.
  23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think that you are intentionally missing the point made by Lawrence Stroll.

There are plenty of drivers who went through F1, never achieved anything, never reached a podium, nor lead a GP, even less obtained a pole.

But they never attracted much criticism, because they were not tainted as being the son of a wealthy father.

But since he arrived in F1, Lance Stroll had that label of being a rich kid, and that irritates a lot of people.

Never mind ...

tifosi12 and Nuvolari like this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Utter BS of course.

The only reason that Stroll has received more criticism is because he's put in the public eye more, by his own dad no less. And when you make a lot of noise and your dear son makes a lot of amateur mistakes, is way off the pace, bizarre crashes and so on....what do you expect to happen? It's true Stroll has improved this year but he's still soundly beaten by his teammate, and a retired driver was instantly up to speed with dear Stroll.

Stroll's route to F1 was marketed by his dad. He buys Prema (best team in F3), he buys a great Ferrari engineer for his son. Rocks up with personal trailers larger than the competitors entire outfit. Toured the world with Williams and a 2014 car to do as many laps as possible to ready himself.

The first years he looked well below average. Uncomfortable behind the wheel. You make that much noise about entering F1, well, you'll get eyes on it. Better hope you perform.

It's like BAR entering F1, proclaiming they'll win the title in their first year. Then proceed not to score a single point for the entire season and moan to the press that there's too many eyes on their lack of success.

Plenty of drivers have received constant criticism for being useless.

Hell, even 4x WDC's get daily criticism!

But lets stick with average drivers.

Palmer, Hartley, Ericsson, Vandoorne, kmag, Grosjean and so on have all been criticized constantly for not being up to standard. But the main reason they're not talked about as much as stroll? they don't put themselves in the spotlight as much.

Spare me the sob stories.

Picchu88, Flavio_C and 375+ like this.