F12 exhaust | FerrariChat

F12 exhaust

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by tobymax, Jan 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tobymax

tobymax Rookie

Nov 1, 2009
    Franklin, MI
    looking to upgrade exhaust on my f12. Want to be able to control sound to appease neighbors. Which would you guys go with tubi, capritso, etc?

2. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You may have to scan through this a little. In the first part he talks about the aftermarket exhaust that sounds amazing. Cool to be able to open and close the valve with a remote. Not sure what this would do fo smog certification.

unreelviper, Wheels1 and Zeus 1 like this.
  3. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    I have a F12 and through my research a lot of people said that the mufflers are pretty free flowing from the factory and you won't get too much sound benefit by paying thousands for aftermarket mufflers.

So I ended up going with Kline 200 cell sport cats ( No check engine light or tune required) and Capristo X-pipe with valve controller. )

I couldn't be happier. The car sounds amazing and it's not intrusive in the cabin. No drone either. However when you hammer it, you hear all the magnificence of the V12 symphony. When cruising, you have a sweet purr. I have never even had to close my valves due to excessive noise.

Later on I did a tune from Vivid Racing and I had them add some pops and burbles for the decels.... I'm so in love.

4. ScuderiaCarParts

BANNED

Feb 8, 2013
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Car Parts
    Hey Toby!

This is something we spend a lot of time pouring over, if you want to talk to me directly please free to email me - [email protected]

The honest answer is, there's no hard and fast rule. Really the exhaust is built around your requirements, once I understand them I can tailor the setup to suit you best :)

Dyla

5. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Sounds great, did you change the back box's or just add the controller to the existing boxes?

6. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    I have not changed the boxes and I do not intend to. My research indicated that there is no power gain from changing the boxes, and not that much different note. The way to achieve both gains is changing to sport cats or no cats.

No cats would sound beautiful but obnoxious to my personal taste. Also, would require a tune to shut off CEL.

If you want to hear my car, my instagram is- Pazzo009

I have a few vids

7. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    Did you happen to test with an without X pipe? Kline doesn’t think there’s much if any drone if you do H pipe with 200 cell cats.

8. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    The X- pipe doesn’t make a huge difference. I did it first and immediately realized I needed more sound so I went 200 cell. No drone whatsoever

9. Will Motivation

Will Motivation Karting

May 9, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Will Motivation
    Any sounds clips or video of this set up?

10. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    None that I can share on here...but if you go on my instagram (Pazzo009) and go back a year there should be some.

Will Motivation likes this.
  11. Will Motivation

Will Motivation Karting

May 9, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Will Motivation
    Will do! Thank you sir.

12. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I have the Kline Inconel full system with mid pipes, x-pipes and mufflers. Sounds amazing and an improvement from stock.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

IPE or Novi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I have a Capristo Xpipe and rear boxes and remote on mine and I love it, I will do a sound video but not for a few months until the weather gets better.

15. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
    So, to conclude (I am struggling with same conundrum) and you were to do it again you would simply do 200CEL Kline, no X Pipe and stock back boxes with one of the Valve Controllers?

I don’t want to ruin warranty and make it too ridiculous but when I open it up on those occasions you are in the mountains/open road you want to hear it sing and with valves locked open it’s decent but not quite as magical as I had envisaged.

I, personally, have no interest in tunes/invasive CEL delete type mods as done that slippery slope in GT-R world so am looking for maximum effect for minimum reasonable changes.

x z8 and KarlA69 like this.
  16. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I would try just changing to an X pipe Roger first and see what you think.
    You could then change the rear boxes if you wanted more volume. With the vales closed mine is a fair bit louder than standard, the first seconds of start-up are very loud of course. Cruising at 85 with valves closed is very civilised, but you need to keep it under 4000 rpm. I have way more thumbs up/ looks with the new exhaust and the grin factor is huge, if you are ever near Cambridge you are more than welcome to hear mine, although it is going for a service and to have the rear vent bubbles sorted in 2 weeks. By the way my Capristo system was around £7500 fitted.
    I have the old parts incase they need to be changed back but it wont be by me not unless I have to for the new MOT or such like.

RogGT-R likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

CATS are the game changer so I think it’s a good idea.
    X Pipe did nothing at all for me, same for muffler (all kline), however the CATS did.

18. Rabies

Rabies Karting

Apr 4, 2020
    UK
    Rog,
    I also have the Capristo X-Pipe and switchable rear boxes. The sound with the valves open is significantly different (louder) to a stock system and to my ears, does not need the cats removing as well. With vales shut, it is perfectly happy to cruise at 85 ish with little intrusive sound at all. Mine also still has its full Ferrari power warranty.
    I'm in London so happy to meet somewhere socially distanced so you can have a listen (think you also need to hear the speaker/amp upgrade too if memory serves me right). Drop me a DM
    Paul

19. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
    Thanks all much appreciated but still all the different opinions haha - am sure they are all correct in their own way of course.

I suspect switchable back boxes and X Pipe is most simple and cost effective route to the best sound without compromising too much on ‘every day’ use as she still needs to be GT car too.

Cars sound (see what I did there) like a big difference though and You Tube is all static revving for click bait and is next to useless in gauging what a car sounds like wrung out in third :)

20. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
    Thanks Paul, your memory is perfect and was going to ring the Auto Audio people tomorrow actually but perhaps not now!!

Will DM now and thanks all for advice. I don’t believe there is a ‘wrong’ answer.

21. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B

Thanks and much appreciated - will let you know when I am ever up in the area for sure.

Mine is booked in for full Gold three stage polish and week long detail in Feb which is going to be featured video for chap doing it so will post that up as might get it fitted at same time as body work can be fitted back perfectly as part of exercise.

Lots of lockdown You Tube viewing and research fun now!

22. Rmbp

Rmbp Rookie

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I've installed IPE downpipes (200 cel cats) on mine and plugged the (stock) boxes open. Sounds gorgeous to my ears.

23. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
    No other mod (no X Pipe etc or valve controller?)

Any vids of sound perhaps?

So many bloody options it’s hard to know where to turn.

24. Rmbp

Rmbp Rookie

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    No other exhaust mods besides the two. I think if you have an unlimited budget, Novitec full system would be the most epic (but might be a smidge too much for some). Let's just say that with my mods, the general consensus is that it sounds louder and more epic than a stock SVJ or any stock or modded Aventador.

I can't upload the videos onto here because of size restrictions. If you leave me your email address I'll send you some videos.

25. Natkingcolebasket69

I added on top of what you have the kline muffler; it does make a difference but not as much as the cats did