FF - Added Carplay...Lost Passenger Display | FerrariChat

FF - Added Carplay...Lost Passenger Display

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Brandon Frazier, Jan 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brandon Frazier

Sep 8, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Brandon Frazier
    I added an aftermarket double DIN stereo to my FF and my passenger display stoped working. The installer says the display signal may have been routed through the stereo. This is possible but doesn't seem reasonable. Does anyone have any insight into this? Looking for a possible workaround. Thanks!

2. cam612

cam612 Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    UK
    I can’t help on your issue but as I have an FF and want to upgrade my unit I’d love to know what you upgraded too.

3. Ff 660

Ff 660 Rookie

Jun 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jim mitanis
    Hi there is a can box on the back of the oem unit if you’re installer removed it which is highly likely then the passenger display won’t work.
    Or if he is trying to use the can bus wires to use your steering wheel controls for the radio this may be interfering with the passenger display
    Or he has forgotten to plug something back in when re installing the dashboard

4. Brandon Frazier

Sep 8, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Brandon Frazier
    Sorry for the delay. Its a Kenwood DNX997XR. The shop figured out that the wiring harness had a conflict between the steering wheel controls and the passenger display. I had to choose favorites. Couldn't do both.

5. Brandon Frazier

Sep 8, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Brandon Frazier
    That's exactly what it ended up being. Thanks!