Just Picked Up My First Ferrari! 2014 Black on Black F12 | FerrariChat

Just Picked Up My First Ferrari! 2014 Black on Black F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Will Motivation, Jan 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Will Motivation

Will Motivation Karting

May 9, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Will Motivation
    So I am not so new to the forums, but I've been mostly lurking here as I planned my jump into the Ferrari world after coming from the Lamborghini world (Gallardo, Huracan, Aventador)...

I finally picked up my first Ferrari which is a 2014 Ferrari F12 Belinetta finished in Daytona Black, Nero Black interior, and it had some aftermarket wheels on it from Forgiato which look quite tasteful in my humble opinion.

So I hope it is not a problem, sharing my experiences with the ferrari here on the forums, but I recorded the collection and put it up on YouTube for anyone that would like to see how it went... I'll also share some of the future videos on the car if it's OK, as I am getting the interior customized with Ferrari red seats etc.

Here was my collection experience for those that care to enjoy the moment with me :)

2. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    Luv your channel bro. Keep inspiring and making positive content. We need more like you in our community.

Will Motivation likes this.
  3. Will Motivation

Will Motivation Karting

May 9, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Will Motivation
    Hey thanks alot! I try to keep it fun and informative at the same time. Loving this F12 though... Don't see myself selling it. Period.

4. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    I have owned a few. 360 spider, F430, 458, currently 488 and FF. I love the cars. Ferrari community takes themselves too serious but I occasionally enjoy them too. Lol

5. Will Motivation

Will Motivation Karting

May 9, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Will Motivation
    Hopefully folks here are more friendly than the Audi forums. Those guys there are something else bro... haha

TomatoMan and pt95 like this.
  6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats gorgeous car and V12 Ferrari!

7. unreelviper

unreelviper Karting

Jan 9, 2014
    DMV
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Will, congratulations my brother! Welcome to the Ferrari side of exotics! I’m sure that you won’t be disappointed. I’ve been following your channel for about a year now. I love the way that you inform people about how you are able to afford these cars as well as the performance of the cars themselves. You have a very positive channel. Now let’s see some Ferrari’s added to your channel. Again, congratulations and welcome!

8. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Ive been on all forums. This one is the only one that has rational discussion about all brands. Great place snd welcome

Will Motivation and Thecadster like this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Congrats! And welcome to the board. My first Ferrari was also a F12. Be careful at first, as she has a little bit of a nasty side.

10. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats!!!! What a beauitful car. Saw your video, nice job! Welcome to F-chat!

11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #11 ryalex, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Congrats, looks great with the new seats. Amazed at the fast turnaround on them.

I wrapped mine primarily for color change, but I like how satin wrap brings out the shape of the aero venting and the curves on the fender/doors. I also like the ease of care to brush it down and rinse with cleaner in a spray bottle, since the dark blue (and black of my prior 458) showed dust and dirt so badly.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Some more satin F12:

johnr265, DrewH, Thecadster and 2 others like this.
  12. Will Motivation

Will Motivation Karting

May 9, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Will Motivation
    Wow both colors in satin look beautiful!! I have been thinking of maybe doing the stealth satin ppf frome expel. What exhaust do you have and do you love it?

ryalex likes this.
  13. Will Motivation

Will Motivation Karting

May 9, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Will Motivation
    Also thanks everyone for the kind welcome. Happy to finally be able to contribute something. I posed a few times before as I was shopping and contemplating a purchase but now can actually add something to the conversation with this first Ferrari :)

14. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Haven’t done any exhaust mods... was toying with the idea of iPE. Admittedly a valve controller might be enough.

I’m sure you’re already planning this but after a few weeks please do a comparison between the Aventadors and the F12. I suspect the AWD vs RWD and single vs double clutch make the main points.

15. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Welcome buddy and congrats on the new F12. Drive it in good health. You’ve earned it! Cheers!

16. Quietriot

Quietriot Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2018
    Congrats Will, Been following your channel for a while. The F12 will be a future super classic. Great idea to purchase one now. Put some miles on the car. It’s a joy to drive. Have fun in 2021.

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! Welcome to the club

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

18. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Congratulations! That F12 is sinister... enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

19. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Congrats, great looking V12. There is nothing like a front engine V12 Ferrari.

20. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    It's really neat to see the enthusiasm in your video, your F12 is a great buy and your car looks fantastic, a Big Congrats!

Will Motivation and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I’ll give you some positive news that your grip in the summertime is going to be 20x better than on any cold cement. It’s noticeably twitchier under 50°F.

Also hope you have some Michelin rather than Pirelli.

22. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Good luck with the new car...your other cars staying or you are unloading the lambos.

23. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    Will i have enjoyed your F12 videos so far. could you comment a little more on your experience with redoing the interior? there are some cars that I'm otherwise happy with the spec but the interior color scheme does not suit me, I hadn't considered redoing it like you did. looks like your turned out well--are you happy with quality, price, etc? thanks!

24. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Great choice of car. :)

Even with Michelin's my back end was stepping out in 4th today in a straight line. Plus 4 degrees here today though, not the weather to be pushing, but just could not resist hearing that sound.

Will Motivation and ryalex like this.
  25. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Funny I see this post. I just recently came across your videos and watched a couple of them on your new purchase. Looks like your a happy customer. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk