F8 - Need some advice! | FerrariChat

F8 Need some advice!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Tz3, Jan 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tz3

Tz3 Rookie

Jan 3, 2021
    Hi everyone!
    I am going to be a first Ferrari owner and I ordered my F8 around New Year’s Eve. I just made the deposit and have not finalized my build list yet. I am grateful if there are some “old Ferrari owners” can share their insights on building a F8 T. For now, the mine debate are should I go the standard seat with full electric ($8268) or get a racing seat, should I keep the surround views and should I get the CF for insert dashboard. My summary is around 335k have equipped the front and back radar, I also do not know if it is necessary.

As of now, I chose
    Electric Rearview Mirror MIR3
    Front and rear parking sensors PAR2
    Surround View SURR
    Yellow calipers
    CF Side air
    Ferrari Shield
    20” wheel
    CF Central Bridge
    CF dashboard insert
    Horse on head
    CF Steering wheel and LED
    Yellow counter
    Full Electric Seat
    Yellow stitching
    Red steel wheel
    AFS system
    Back Radar
    Suspension lifter

The summary is 335k for now. I doubt how surround view looks like in real and the standard Full Electric Seat is necessary. I want to make my final summary around 330k. Also, wondering how is gold Brake look like. I want to add the leather or Alcantara roof.

Please help me out! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Didn’t we already discuss this on the other thread?

mid you want to save money- get rid of elctrochromatic mirror and surround view.

And you will get differing opinions on this but I do t have the suspension lifter and have never needed it on my 488 or a Pista. Save the money and weight. Ferrari’s ride like a 4x4.

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    That’s a lot of red on red. I really, really love the carbon fiber in the engine bay. With the see through glass it looks so much better than the plastic.

4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I don’t have the suspension lifter

5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Needs more red

6. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I like everything you spec'd for the most part. The only thing that I would consider, is to maybe cut back on all the red on the interior...especially the steering wheel.
    I usually like red interiors on white, blue or black cars (the interior you picked would look amazing in a black car). Red on red could look great, but it can also look weird, but I would have to see in person to give an honest opinion. On a red car, I tend to like the black interiors the best, but of course many people will see it as boring.
    As I tell everyone, it's your car, spec it how you like, and it will be gorgeous no matter what!
    As far as saving money, I'm not sure what I would eliminate. It's also a very personal thing. If you ask 10 people, you may very well get 10 different answers. I also personally LOVE the racing seats and would absolutely put them at the top of my list because I find them better looking, more supportive, and more comfortable...win/win/win. I personally would eliminate some of the red, and possibly a little carbon fiber, and I'm sure that would save a substantial amount of money.

GT2goneF likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    RayJohns, Surfah, Cigarzman and 4 others like this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #8 Shadowfax, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    I've always wondered what motivates doing red on both inside and out. You rarely hear of it ending well. In fact I've never once heard of it ending well. I have however heard of it ending very badly though. I guess the main thing when you do something like that is to make sure to keep it for a very long time - a bit like a tattoo - as once its on its hard and costly to get rid of. With so much red going on I'm beginning to wonder what it would look like with red wheels and if it would work any better with the trim than the silver. Maybe even do some red sidewalls? Or just go the whole hog in red and be done with it!! Leave the glass though. That's the best advice I can come up with given the current theme.:):D

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    The evilness resurfah-ces! LOL

Surfah likes this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I DO!!!!! And I also got the EC Mirror!!!!

11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    That’s why your F8 cost almost 400k!! ;)

12. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Get the red on the inside if you like it.

Don't get the red if you are worried about selling it, as it might sit around for a while.

randkin and GT2goneF like this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    White exterior with red interior is stunning.

14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California

SoCal to az likes this.
  15. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
  16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I was going to say... I am not sure what happened there. Is LSD making a come back? Or was it MDMA? Ronald McDonald's (Clown) car?

Shadowfax likes this.
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    GT2goneF likes this.
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am surprised they even built this for whomever it was. And there will always be one that will walk in and find this "beautiful".

19. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    the steering wheel is simply too much red with all the red interior.

Spider68 likes this.
  20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    love it!

GT2goneF and Surfah like this.
  21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    if the op disappears, def it's because of us or the red.

GT2goneF likes this.
  22. Tz3

Tz3 Rookie

Jan 3, 2021
    Nah! it’s just I don’t know if I will like the red or I regret. See the pics I attached with full Red. Image Unavailable, Please Login //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210104/943698897fc50f979af571c6d91ba4be.jpg[/IM

Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95338]FerrariChat.com mobile app[/url]

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    pninja005 and RoadRonin like this.
  24. Tz3

Tz3 Rookie

Jan 3, 2021
    I am down to change the steering wheel to black with CF. But should I take off the surround view from the list? I am really curious on what it can do.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    What kind of wait time were you told for the car? 12-18 months? I would imagine you have more than enough time to make your decision and keep playing around with the colors and options. That’s part of the fun when building a new car.

GT2goneF and lamborarri like this.