Novitec springs: impact on Factory Warranty? | FerrariChat

Novitec springs: impact on Factory Warranty?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by GCSF, Jan 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GCSF

GCSF Rookie

Sep 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bernhard Hellmich
    #1 GCSF, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    I consider to install a set of Novitex springs on my 2020 812 Superfast. My dealer told me they were happy to install the springs but that his may impact my Ferrari factory warranty as the car would not original anymore. Now I asked them (via email) if this affects only the suspension or the warranty for other non-related parts (e.g. engine, electronics) as well, which would be a no-go for any after-market modification for me.

Has anyone had issues with the factory warranty after installing after-market parts? I live in the EU.
    Thanks for sharing you experience?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I believe it will be up to the dealer to decide if you have issues. Clearly, you will have no warranty if you have a suspension issue. I would think Ferrari would not warranty anything if they knew there were any modifications at all. This is just my opinion of course as I am not in the dealer network any longer.
    Why are you wanting to change the springs anyway?

3. GCSF

GCSF Rookie

Sep 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bernhard Hellmich
    Thanks for answering.

The 812 looks and drives great, but I think it sits a bit high. The idea was to lower it by 20 mm using the Nocitec springs.

Gesendet von iPhone mit FerrariChat

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bernard- You can lower her 15-20 mm using the stock springs and shocks. Your dealer can do that for you with no affect on warranty. Will require a complete suspension alignment (toe and camber front and rear) after lowering.

5. GCSF

GCSF Rookie

Sep 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bernhard Hellmich
    Thanks. This information is very helpful. I will ask the service manager if they are willing to do this,

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I don't think you would encounter a problem which would require fixing and potentinal warranty coverage due to sprng replacement Doesnt answer your question but if you want the look, go for it