Better deal between two T’s? | FerrariChat

Better deal between two T’s?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Rlurie1, Jan 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rlurie1

Rlurie1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ryan Lurie
    Hi again,
    So I put a deposit down on a T that is local to me and it’s scheduled to get inspected by a third party today. I’m second guessing purchasing it after seeing another T. I love both of them but it seems like this newest one I found is a better deal. The newer one is a 2016 with 11k less miles for $6k more (plus the CF/LED wheel). I like both color interiors and don’t feel I would be happier with either. I like that I have service records for my 2015, haven’t asked yet about the 2016 from the dealer. Any advice for me....It just seems like 11k less miles and a year newer for only $6k more is the way to go when I love both cars? Appreciate the help from this forum as it’s been invaluable in helping buy my first Ferrari.

This is the one I have a deposit on:
    https://www.porschenorthscottsdale.com/used-Phoenix-2015-Ferrari-California-2dr+Convertible-ZFF77XJA7F0204976?utm_campaign=deeplink&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=cars.com

This is the one I recently found:
    https://www.postoakmotors.com/vehicle-details/used-2016-ferrari-california-t-houston-tx-id-37203455

2. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Apples to apples, the 2016 car seems like a significantly better deal ... however, until you can accurately assess both cars against each other in terms of maintenance, history, cosmetic appearance ... it's not quite as clear. The very light interior may be one reason for the lower price on the 16 -- not the easiest to maintain and keep clean -- but then again, a blue interior is probably not quite as sellable as a brown one, either.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    F dealer will always be more expensive, but one in Houston seems a good deal.

The one in Houston has no shields.
    Depending on how long you plan to keep this T, could be a major road block if you decide to move on from it, as many buyers seem to think of that as a "must have."

I agree with Vic, would not buy either w/o being able to lay eyes on them...T

4. Rlurie1

Rlurie1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ryan Lurie
    I never noticed no shields and now I can’t not notice it. Lol.

Feel like that’s a deal breaker now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Both look great !
    Cant go wrong with either but....
    2016 I love the the Daytona seats, LED wheel and CF bridge and lower miles for not much more $ Its the better buy.
    2015 More miles one year older, carfax shows trim issues checked inside and out, electrical and oil leaks checked out
    Bottom line you already made a commitment to buy the 2015 IF it checks out on the PPI and I really like the shields!
    Good Luck!

6. Rlurie1

Rlurie1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ryan Lurie
    The dealership for the 16’ had a PPI done from a prior buyer. Only issue that came up was the dash shrinkage and bubbling. Anyone know what the cost is to have that fixed? I know the 15’ already had that fixed from a prior owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    There is a leather shrinkage thread a few threads down in the California subforum. I have only my phone on me, or I'd link it. Maybe you can reach out to the F-chatters there to get an idea of cost?
    T

8. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    none of them are HS? none has apple carplay?

skip both.

9. Wangotango123

Wangotango123 Karting

Aug 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Rafael olarte
    I love that white interior. Carbon everywhere. Shields r an issue but the 2015 blue us tough. I like the 2016 . That white in white is cool cool rare spec .