Carpet Sets, best place to get matching trunk and interior? | FerrariChat

Carpet Sets, best place to get matching trunk and interior?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by c4b4the04, Jan 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Looking at changing all carpeting, but I want to be sure to get the best quality/value/wear that I can. Original are Wilton Wool if I am not mistaken, although I have seen an Italian Wool offered as well.

I'm State-Side and would rather not pay international on shipping or fees. Any suggestions from the group? I am looking at World Upholstery right now, as they are the only place I can see BOTH sets being offered. I don't want the color off between trunk and cabin if I can help it.

Also wondering for those that have done the trunk, does the set come with ALL of the carpeting? I keep seeing a single pic with two pieces of carpet (not sure which two but they don't include the one over the brake master cylinder area).

Looking forward to a freshened up interior...my carpet isn't awful or worn, just flat and somewhat faded. I'd consider a color change too, as it's not a super-permanent issue to change back in the future.

Thanks all,
    Cassidy

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I once helped with a blue carpet set on a Boxer. Truthfully I found the oldest shop in town, and they had the Sample Books from all the years.

We found the match in the Rolls Royce book and the real treat was them running upstairs and rolling it out!
    So really I would find that support, and then let them pattern off of your existing pieces.

As you note our trunks have lots of smaller pieces that maybe the big vendors would miss?
    Others can chime in ...GAHH and World Upholstery are the big guns.
    I would add ReOriginals to that list as they seem to "have the connections" back to Italy"....

c4b4the04 likes this.
  3. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
  4. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    I saw those and they look nice....trouble is I don't see a matching set for the trunk. It is indeed strange how difficult this is proving to be. In some ways our cars are production cars (enough to make some parts readily available) and others I'm reminded we have some rare birds....

Thanks everyone, will compare up the other two listed.

5. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Call them they maybe able to get trunk also.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

c4b4the04 likes this.
  6. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

7. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Thank you for the testimonial on their products....after digging around the web I can't find a link to products (and my Italian isn't good enough to draft up a full letter!). How did you contact them?

8. Grease Donkey

Grease Donkey Karting

Jul 5, 2018
    Zurich, Switzerland
    c4b4the04 likes this.
  9. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I sent them an email in English concerning what I was looking for and they replied in English with the details.

c4b4the04 likes this.
  10. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Goggle translate does a pretty good job in case you need to translate either way ..

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

c4b4the04 likes this.
  11. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Lakewell is nice, but does not come close to Luppi material quality.

Best, Peter

c4b4the04 likes this.
  12. TestaDDS

TestaDDS Karting

Sep 6, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    RM