Broken Driver Left Back Seat Bolster | FerrariChat

Broken Driver Left Back Seat Bolster

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by jpanz, Jan 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    I was getting out of my tr and I heard a little "click" and felt the bolster loosen up! After getting out I turned around to see the bolster in place but totally loose. With almost no effort I was able to wiggle the bolster totally off the seat. It appears both attachment points failed. One attachment is a tab that sticks off the mainframe and the second is a tab that sticks off the frame of the bolster!

I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem before. Not sure if it's cheaper to buy another seat or to pull the seat out, strip it and have it welded?

The bolster was previously just slightly loose. I had no indication that it was going to totally fail like this?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Are the broken tabs metal or plastic

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    Metal

4. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    yeah this is a tough one. its probably the same cost either way. I'd pull the seat and take it to a good upholsterer to get a quote. But I'd be surprised if its less than a grand.

jpanz likes this.
  5. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    Can’t imagine it would be that cheap but one can dream

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    It can be repaired by careful TIG welding.

7. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Can just empathize with you as I broke the right side bolster off my TR Driver's seat, but don't know how they fixed it (when I had the Driver's seat recovered).

jpanz likes this.
  8. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    I had a similar problem with the lower left bolster on the same chair about 4 years ago. I had a classiche certified place fix it and it was pricier than I had expected so I'm just trying to avoid that agian!! Live an learn! Not sure this item needs that level of repair LOL