F8 - Does anybody know what is the weight of standard wheels? | FerrariChat

F8 Does anybody know what is the weight of standard wheels?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by GT2goneF, Jan 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    If anybody happens to know, I would like to know what is the weight of the standard matt grigio corsa wheels, which is nothing other than the standard wheels in gray,

I am considering changing the wheels but would like to approximate the total weight, if possible to avoid damage to the suspension and/or steering.

2. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    last time i weighted them i remember they were somewhere around 26 lbs front and 28 lbs rear

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
  4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    RayJohns likes this.
  5. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    You can drive yourself crazy when you start weighing things on a gram scale :)

On my motorcycle, I selected the valve stems based on weight - and the valve stem caps based on weight also. I remember I had ordered some super nice aluminum valve stem caps, but the standard little plastic ones were several grams lighter, so they won out.

:)

I balanced the wheel/tire assembly to 1/4 of a gram on the static balancer. That's a 1" peace of tape... it's really a trip to have the wheels so perfectly balanced that sticking a tiny length of tape will cause them to rotate. On the 458 wheels, I think I got them to within maybe 1/2 or 1 gram or something. It definitely smooths up the ride on the highway.

Those Pista wheels are super light for their size. I would think those would be pretty popular among F8 owners...

Ray

GT2goneF likes this.