NFL 2020 | Page 51 | FerrariChat

NFL 2020

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Whisky, Jan 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Kamara can play if all his tests are negative. If the game was Saturday, no bueno.

NO crushed with Ty Montgomery as their tailback and gadget plays with Hill last weekend.

tomc likes this.
  2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I do not think any one should make their picks before Saturday AM.
    Tom, you put your picks in, and then CLV lost players to Covid - and one of those players is very important.
    I'm scared a bunch of players might miss the SB due to covid.

3. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    PS - they did not have any RB's for the Carolina game and blew out Carolina.
    Carolina had no business losing that game... not with N.O. having no RB's or Michael Thomas...

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Dad just text me and said Nick Casereo is the new GM of the Texans.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That was fast. Tough job ahead of him to be sure...T

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yeah. I saw that. Gonna be tough. I think I need to redo some of my Playoff Challenge picks...T

7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    3 Super Bowls. Easy to look good when your QB is Brady. Texans got no draft capital. Defense needs a complete overhaul. Cooks and Johnson not the most ideal weapons for Watson.

Idk I’d rather be GM of the Jags than the Texans. Trevor Lawrence and more complementary pieces and draft capital.

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's a tough one. Texans have had a few good years, made playoffs, are in 4th largest city, football mad state, to 5 young QB, etc. Jags just seem like perpetual also-rans in a lackluster location, and on their way to replacing Browns as the QB graveyard. If I were Lawrence, I would be more worried that they'll pull him down to their level rather than other way around...T

9. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I don't know about that, David Johnson is great when healthy - as is every RB,
    and Cooks is good but he's an over-the-middle catch-and-run guy like Antonio Brown,
    Julian Edelman Cole Beasely-type, they need a 'big' WR to compliment everyone else and
    they don't have that. Think Keenan Allen, Ridley, AJ Brown, Allen Robinson type.

They are both in the same division, so what is it going to take to beat Indy and Tenn?

10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    You might be right. Watson is a great QB. Texans are stuck with Easterby though and Caserio is from the Pats/Belicheck regime like O'Brien and Easterby which is why Watson tweeted "some things never change" today. They got no 1st or 2nd round picks whereas the Jags are hiring new GM/coach, bunch of draft picks, have a hands off owner, Robinson is good RB, decent WRs and stud LBs Jack and Schobert.

Not sure Urban Meyer is going to Jags. Pretty sure he's not worth $12 million a year.

If I were Lawrence I'd rather go to the Jags then the Jets. Darnold really never developed but mostly Gase's fault.

11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Too bad Fuller is a steroid monkey. Never should have got rid of Hopkins.

12. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Is that fair?

13. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    There are coaches that should never be head coaches, they should stay at what they are great at - OC or DC.
    And there are some coaches should stay college coaches and never go to the pros - and I think Meyer is one of those.
    Darnold has shown signs of being good/borderline great, but he needs a good QB coach.
    Josh Allen sucked, look at him now.
    Trubisky needs a good QB coach, too.
    Tua is in the same boat, and now he too gets to deal with a new OC next season...

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Getting suspended for 6 games? Of course it’s fair. He’s a professional athlete. Behave like a pro.

15. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Hope the Fins stick with Tua and don’t pull a Rosen but it worked out for Arizona and no one knows if Fields or Wilson will end up being a better QB. Tua choked when he needed to deliver. His TO’s in the last 2 games are worrisome.

Trubisky is a work in progress. Helps when Montgomery is balling out and Allen Robinson is your WR1.

Can’t always predict who will be a great HC. McVay showed age doesn’t matter. Lincoln Riley could excel in the NFL. My gut is to take a good OC like Bienemy or Daboll. Meyer has too many health issues might choke under NFL pressure.

Josh Allen? Helps when your WR1 is Diggs. I wanted to draft him in fantasy as my QB3. Had a feeling he might have a breakout year but couldn’t have predicted how successful he has become. No surprise if Bills go to AFC championship and they can beat the Chiefs on any given Sunday.

tomc likes this.
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Darnold would be on his third head coach, and third offensive system. Add in the fact that the Jets are near perennial losers. Recipe for disaster. He'd be lucky to be traded IMO...T

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I would add that with the trading of Hopkins, Fuller had to realize he was going to be a major focus of the O. His half season stats in 2021 would seem to bear that out...T

18. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I mean to call him a 'steroid monkey'.
    I'm doubting anyone in the NFL would knowingly take steroids knowing how often they test
    for them, but, there are some really stupid people in the NFL, so who knows.
    I do feel for the guy because he is injured - a lot.

19. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    And just about anywhere he could be traded to arguably needs a QB, and has the same amount of staff turnover.
    Pitt and NE keep having their names brought up, though, Pitt has a couple extra WR's they could trade, NE has nothing of value
    they can trade away.
    In about 3 years (at most) every team in the NFL will have a 'Star' QB, problem is a few teams won't
    know what to do with them, how to coach them...

Sorry Miami, Tua is not the answer.

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Agree w/ everything you said except the last sentence. I'll adopt a wait-and-see attitude on that.

The downside to being a great college QB is that you generally get drafted by a bad team.
    Does Mahomes so quickly emerge as THE quarterback in the NFL if he was drafted by the Jets?
    I am thinking no. Bad teams also suffer from poor/inconsistent/changing coaching, which is to your point about knowing what to do with them, having a stable system in place, not rushing them to adapt to the NFL game, etc...T

Nospinzone likes this.
  21. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    We can discuss 'forever' the good college QB's that have gone to bad teams, and
    either did well statistically, or not so well.
    Or have improved teams, or not improved teams.

The four lists are long.

22. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Then there are the Heisman tebow failures . . . . Ooops sorrry. I meant the Heisman trophy failures.

23. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    This is why I see JAX as a better destination for Lawrence then NYJ but you're correct it's the lesser of 2 evils. Darnold certainly viewed as damaged goods he never really demonstrated improvement if not regression but Gase is terrible and there were a bunch of injuries on offense. Still no excuse. As I said preseason, Burrow is going to be good and given his situation and the porous Bengal O-line I would say he surpassed expectations. Then you have someone like Herbert who wasn't even supposed to play this season and totally capitalized on his situation y'all know how much I love him.

Wonder if the Fins regret taking Tua instead of Herbert? Sample size for Tua too small, need to give him a full season and perhaps not having Fitzpatrick breathing down his neck which I doubt made Tua play better towards the end of the season.

tomc likes this.
  24. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Fuller had the opportunity to deliver like a WR1 which makes his suspension disappointing. Don't see other elite WR1's getting popped for PED's maybe Fuller took some tainted supplements still no excuse.